PDA

View Full Version : Parser Exception using Extended XML Definition

Anonymous
01-06-2006, 03:02 AM
Hello,

I am getting the below exception when trying to parse the report.
This is the definition I am using in the xml
<!DOCTYPE report-definition
PUBLIC "-//JFreeReport//DTD report definition//EN//extended/version 0.8.5"
"http://jfreereport.sourceforge.net/extreport-085.dtd">
I am not sure what is that I am missing which caused to throw the below exception. Can anyone help me out please??

ParentException:org.xml.sax.SAXException: No handler registered for the tag 'report-definition'
at org.jfree.report.modules.parser.base.InitialReportHandler.startElement(InitialReportHandler.java:192)
at org.jfree.xml.parser.RootXmlReadHandler.startElement(RootXmlReadHandler.java:445)
at org.jfree.report.modules.parser.base.ReportParser.startElement(ReportParser.java:178)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$ContentDispatcher.scanRootElementHook(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.jfree.xml.ParserFrontend.parse(ParserFrontend.java:230)
at org.jfree.xml.ParserFrontend.parse(ParserFrontend.java:287)
at org.jfree.report.modules.parser.base.ReportGenerator.parseReport(ReportGenerator.java:189)
at org.jfree.report.modules.parser.base.ReportGenerator.parseReport(ReportGenerator.java:168)

Thanks in advance.

Taqua
01-06-2006, 03:04 AM
Hi,

You did not initialize JFreeReport, and therefore the parser had not been initialized correctly.

You have to boot JFreeReport before you can use any of its components. Booting is done using 'JFreeReportBoot.getInstance().start()'.

Regards,
Thomas