View Full Version : Problem running web app
05-03-2002, 07:16 PM
I am using Mondrian with mysql. How I can configure the Jdbc connection?
After compiling the application (with no errors) when i try to execute
the tomcat send me an error message 404 (the requested resource is not available).
Can You help me ?
05-23-2002, 06:13 AM
I'm not sure the problem is with jdbc.
Did you start tomcat? Try going to
I ran into the same problem.
The index.jsp is not found either.
I built mondrian like pjtallman described it. The only difference is that I do not use servlet-api.jar and jsp-api.jar, but servlet.jar from tomcat 4.1.29.
and it seems like I do not get it solved.
Is there anything known about a solution?
Or does anyone know where to look?
03-03-2004, 02:38 AM
Hello Paolo, I had the same problem a few months ago and the solution was to modify a source file that had the jdbc source hardcoded.
If you give me some time I'll try to find which file did I have to modify. I'm not sure because it was some time ago, but I think that it had the Access jdbc hardcoded.
03-03-2004, 04:26 AM
It seems to be a jpivot issue.
jpivot.war has this hardcoded, and when you install it, it generates the file $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/mondrian/WEB-INF/queries/mondrian.jsp that has
For using with mysql you should change it to:
Hope this helps.
I upgraded ant from 1.5.4 to 1.6.1 and now the problem with the 404 is gone.
Of course I ran into a new one, but this was obviously caused by ant.
03-04-2004, 03:25 AM
A hack around this is to deploy Mondrian. Then stop Tomcat. Manually edit the Mondrian.jsp, Fourheir.jsp, and trendarrows.jsp. Then clear the Tomcat cache (%TOMCAT_DIR%\work\Catalina\localhost\mondrian) and restart tomcat.
We went ahead and automated this by creating an ant replace task to do the updates for us.
03-08-2004, 01:36 AM
I have the same problem, and I notice that the file trendarrows.jsp don't exist, And I have the same error 404 when run it, but notice that that error is because some files where not deployed, files *.tdl two of them, (If you read the log of the tomcat You can see what file are), conclusion, the compilation made a bad war file Some one can really tellme how compile this with mysql, I been trying for more than a week, thank