PDA

View Full Version : Issue while creating repository in production server.

aghuge
07-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Hello Everyone.

We are migrating to a production server in a datacenter.
Having said this, it is on a completely different network.
It is a Linux server, which doesn't have xmode. As such, no graphics leads to unusability of GUI tools like spoon.
The database on the server is mysql.

I have installed enterprise pentaho package on the prod server using the text only mode.

Now I need to create a repository on the prod server.
The issue is that, I cannot connect to the database on the server from the spoon on my client machine, thus rendering spoon useless for creation of a repository on the prod server.
(The reason I cannot connect is because I cannot define a database connection from my machine to the production database, as I am a developer, and connecting to the production database from my machine is prohibited). One can only connect to the prod-database using remote access). However, the pentaho server's enterprise console is on the production server, and can connect to the database.

Is there some other way to create a repository on a prod server which doesn't have graphical interface?

(PS. If I create a repository on my local database, take a mysql dump of it, and use that to make a repository on the prod server, will it work?)

Thank you.

A.

DavideAthirat
12-01-2010, 11:42 AM
Ops, I have done a cross posting... (http://forums.pentaho.com/showthread.php?79588-Repository-set-up)
I'm in the same situation, how do you have solved this problem (If you had)? :)