US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Testing XMLA?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2012

    Default Testing XMLA?


    Does anyone have a simple script to test the XMLA service of Mondrian?

    I have tried several PHP and JavaScript programs, including Roland Bouman's OLAP4JS, but I can't get any of them to work.
    This is, I think, due to misconfiguration of Mondrian but I am not sure. I've spent about a week hunting the internet trying to find solutions to a range of errors and I have Mondrian more or less working. The problem is that I cannot be sure if the script I am developing is not working or if I configured Mondrian wrong. The XMLA tester is working and I get a '405 GET is not supported' error, which is good I suppose, but I also cannot get any results using any script.

    Any help in finding out for sure if the XMLA service is working would be greatly appreciated!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007


    If you get a 405, then you're very close to success. Try using Warehouse Explorer.
    Luc Boudreau
    aka. Luc le Magnifique
    aka. Monsieur Oui Oui

    Lead Engineer, Pentaho Corporation
    Twitter: luclemagnifique
    IRC: Monsieur_Oui_Oui@freenode

  3. #3


    I am using whex to connect, when I add a new data source using this url http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Xmla i get an error The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</meta>".
    Would highly appreciate any help on how to resolve it, please help.

    This is what the log says

    DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] ( -
    SENDING SOAP MESSAGE (Wed Aug 14 23:12:54 CEST 2013):
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Discover xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:xml-analysis"
    ERROR [AWT-EventQueue-0] ( - The element type "meta" must be terminated by the matching end-tag "</meta>".
    DEBUG [AWT-EventQueue-0] ( - Error(discoverDataSources):java.lang.NullPointerException

    Best regards,

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2013


    Try running rex with the showsoap option, that might give you some more info. My guess is that the response from mondrian is a 500 error from tomcat, not an xmla response. That would likely indicate a mis-configuration on the mondrian side. Looking through mondrian logs can help with that.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts