Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How did I got the CGG Dial Chart work?

Default How did I got the CGG Dial Chart work?

After looking for hours, I finally found a clue in a portuguese Yahoo group.

1. Create the query that will provide the number you want the Dial chart to represent. Nothing else, just the plain number. No other columns or rows.
    2. Create a simple parameter. Name it.
    3. Create a select component, give it access to the data source you just created, put the listener to the parameter.
    4. Create a CGG Dial Chart component, pointing to the listener we just created, and repeating the parameter name. Select a range of values and colors above and below the value you want to see.
    Create a layout block for the Dial. I put the actual select component below the dial, so I can see the value selected. If you don't show the selector, the needle will not move.

Still pending:
    - How can I increase the font for the values in the dial?
    - How can I hide the selector, and place a text component which I can format with a larger font to show the value instead? OR
    - How can I format the selector? I tried using CSS, but will not respond to it.

Any ideas?

Found a way to format the selector. Just had to use a select { tag in my css. That worked. Still, is not very elegant to have a selector below the chart. A simple text component would be better. I'm still researching of ways to do this.

Does anyone have ideas to increase the size of the font used for the chart values? The ones around the actual dial?

You can use a query component to execute a CDE data source instead and set the value of the parameter to the result of the Query component in the post execution of the query component. This means you don't have to use the selector hack.
    www.ivy-is.co.uk - Ivy Information Systems

Come join the non official Pentaho IRC chat room on irc.freenode.net in the ##pentaho channel

Would you care to elaborate how to do this?

Thanks

Hi thanks, and if i like to assign one query directly to CGG dial chart component, how i can to do?

Quote Originally Posted by martinocando View Post
    After looking for hours, I finally found a clue in a portuguese Yahoo group.

1. Create the query that will provide the number you want the Dial chart to represent. Nothing else, just the plain number. No other columns or rows.
    2. Create a simple parameter. Name it.
    3. Create a select component, give it access to the data source you just created, put the listener to the parameter.
    4. Create a CGG Dial Chart component, pointing to the listener we just created, and repeating the parameter name. Select a range of values and colors above and below the value you want to see.
    Create a layout block for the Dial. I put the actual select component below the dial, so I can see the value selected. If you don't show the selector, the needle will not move.

Still pending:
    - How can I increase the font for the values in the dial?
    - How can I hide the selector, and place a text component which I can format with a larger font to show the value instead? OR
    - How can I format the selector? I tried using CSS, but will not respond to it.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by anonychus View Post
    Hi thanks, and if i like to assign one query directly to CGG dial chart component, how i can to do?
    I'm still waiting for the user: hazamonzo to elaborate on his tip of using a query component, and assigning the value of the query to a parameter in the post exec of the query.

How do I do this? please!

Yes ! It is work for me.

Thank You Very Much.

I'm trying to use the idea of hazamonzo, but it doesn't work...

These are the steps I did:

1) Query Component
    Name query_component
    Listeners []
    Parameters []
    Result Var risultato_query
    Datasource quantita_tachimetro (this DS returns just a number)
    HtmlObject -

2) Simple Parameter
    Name risultato_query
    Property value -
    Bookmarkable False

3)CGG Chart Dial
    Name cgg_dial
    Range Colors Array ["red","grey","green"]
    Intervals Array ["-50","-15","15","50"]
    Parameter risultato_query
    Listeners ['risultato_query']
    Width -
    Height -
    HtmlObject colonna_nuova

The result I have is dial with needle on the -50. The dial doesn't keep the value of Simple Parameter, also if it is correctly uploaded with the datasource resultset, in fact if in the postExecution of Query Component I put this function :

function eseguiExecution(){
    alert(risultato_query);
    }

I correctly receive the alert with the correct datasource result set value.

Finally I tried the martinocando solution, using the following code for Select Component:
    Name select
    Parameter risultato_query
    Listeners []
    Parameters []
    Value as id True
    jQuery Plugin -
    Datasource quantita_tachimetro
    Values array []
    HtmlObject Filter_Panel

With this I correctly see the value in the Select component, but the dial gives me this error: "Error processing component (cgg_dial)" in the web page, nothing in the pentaho.log, how I can activate the logging for CDE???

Thank you so much for your help.

I find the way to use the CGG and answer to my question...
    The solution I followed is the hazamonzo one...

The correct sequence is create first the parameter(with a default value, even if it will be override from the query component) , then the query component finally the cgg dial chart, using this order I correctly realized the CGG Dial Chart...
    Or you can set the priority of Query Component lower then CGG Dial Chart.

Hope it can help you guys...
    Last edited by Piojolopez; 05-19-2013 at 10:23 AM.

helloo

- How can I increase the font for the values in the dial? and interactive like place a cursor on it, should show values just like other charts in bar , pie etc
    Thank U For Your Time
    Suresh