US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: verifyError with the MondrianFoodMartLoader

Default verifyError with the MondrianFoodMartLoader

Hi,

I tried to set up the FoodMart testdata, but unfortunately it is ending with an error.
    I downloaded Mondrian 3.5.0, used the demo/FoodMartCreateData.sql from the mondrian-3.4.1.zip, because in mondrian3.5.0.zip at the demo-Folder only the FoodMart.xml is placed.
    I started the following command with java "1.7.0_10":
    java -verbose -cp "F:\Data\Software\Mondrian\mondrian-3.5.0\lib\mondrian.jar;F:\Data\Software\Mondrian\mondrian-3.5.0\lib\log4j.jar;F:\Data\Software\Mondrian\mondrian-3.5.0\lib\commons-logging.jar;F:\Data\Software\Mondrian\mondrian-3.5.0\lib\eigenbase-xom.jar;F:\Data\Software\Mondrian\mondrian-3.5.0\lib\eigenbase-resgen.jar;F:\Data\Software\Mondrian\mondrian-3.5.0\lib\eigenbase-properties.jar;F:\Data\Software\Mondrian\mondrian-3.5.0\lib\olap4j-jdk14.jar;F:\Data\Software\Mondrian\mondrian-3.5.0\lib\retroweaver-rt.jar;F:\Data\Software\Mondrian\mondrian-3.5.0\lib\ojdbc6.jar" mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader -verbose -tables -data -indexes -jdbcDrivers="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver" -inputJdbcURL="jdbcdbc:MondrianFoodMart" -inputFile="F:\Data\Software\Mondrian\mondrian-3.4.1\lib\demoFoodMartCreateData.sql" -outputJdbcURL="jdbcracle:thin:@//[host]:[port]/[SID]" -outputJdbcUser=[user] -outputJdbcPassword=[passwd] -outputJdbcSchema=[schema]
    But at the end I get the following Error:
    [Loaded java.util.IdentityHashMap$KeySet from F:\java\lib\rt.jar]
    java.lang.VerifyError: (class: mondrian/olap/Util, method: convert signature: (Lorg/olap4j/mdx/QuotingLmondrian/olap/Id$Quoting Incompatible argument t
    o function
    at mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader.<clinit>(MondrianFoodMartLoader.java:98)

I am new at Mondrian, so most likely I need elementary support.

Thanks,
    Jose

Do you get that error after the loader has already done a bunch of work? Or does it happen pretty soon after you run the command?

If you can clone the github repository, the least painful way to get foodmart setup is to run the load-foodmart target with ant.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurtis.Walker View Post
    Do you get that error after the loader has already done a bunch of work? Or does it happen pretty soon after you run the command?

If you can clone the github repository, the least painful way to get foodmart setup is to run the load-foodmart target with ant.
    To your first question: It is the first output I reveice at console. So it is immediately after I run the command.

Concerning your second question: As I mentioned in my request, I am a newbie on Mondrian. So I´m not familiar with any existing github-repositories to clone or with any ant-instructions as set up alternatives. The only information source I have is the Mondrian Installation Documentation. And on that documentation it seems to be very simple to do the foodmarkt setup. Only needed to use the incorporated MondrianFoodMartLoader and FoodMartCreateData.sql within the mondrian.zip. But unfortunately anything goes work, at least on my system.

But being my tried set up procedure the official documentated I innocently believe that it would be the more tested and therefor the correct path to go.

Am I wrong?

Hi,

as I explained in my origin request I am a newbie with mondrian.

Concerning the first question:
    The receiving error is the first displayed answer the appears immediately after running the above mentioned java command.

Concerning the second question:
    I simply use the Mondrian Documentation on http://mondrian.pentaho.com/document...stallation.php. I did all the steps explained on Chapter 1 and tried to complete step 2.2 because of the use of an oracle db. I am not familiar of any alternatives as cloning any github-repositories or even of any ant-instructions. The only information source I have is that official mondrian installation guide. I innocently believed that the described setup solution on the documentation is the best tested and the official released and therefor the best practice. Am I wrong?

Regards, Jose

Yes, that is a fine way to do it.

Can you try removing the inputJdbcURL parameter from your command? You don't need it since you have specified inputJdbcFile.

Can you post any more of the output you are getting?

I got the same error. I use MySQL in windows 7 and JDK1.6.
    I ran the command in cygwin

cd "to the mondrian installing folder", then run the command

java -classpath "./lib/mondrian.jar;./lib/log4j-1.2.13.jar;./lib/eigenbase-xom.jar;./lib/eigenbase-resgen.jar;./lib/eigenbase-properties.jar;./lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar;./lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar;./lib/olap4j-jdk14.jar;./lib/retroweaver-rt.jar" mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader -verbose -tables -data -indexes -jdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver -inputFile=./demo/FoodMartCreateData.sql -outputJdbcURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart?user=foodmart&password=foodmart"

got the error:

$ java -classpath "./lib/mondrian.jar;./lib/log4j-1.2.13.jar;./lib/eigenbase-xom.jar;./lib/eigenbase-resgen.jar;./lib/e
    igenbase-properties.jar;./lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar;./lib/commons-logging-1.1.1.jar;./lib/olap4j-jdk14.jar
    ;./lib/retroweaver-rt.jar" mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader -verbose -tables -data -indexes -jdbcDrivers=com
    .mysql.jdbc.Driver -inputFile=./demo/FoodMartCreateData.sql -outputJdbcURL="jdbc:mysql://localhost/foodmart?user=foodma
    rt&password=foodmart"
    Exception in thread "main" java.lang.VerifyError: (class: mondrian/olap/Util, method: matches signature: (Lorg/olap4j/mdx/IdentifierSegment;Ljava/lang/StringZ) Incompatible argument to function
    at mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader.<clinit>(MondrianFoodMartLoader.java:100)
    Could not find the main class: mondrian.test.loader.MondrianFoodMartLoader. Program will exit.

Can you try using olap4j.jar instead of olap4j-jdk.jar? olap4j.jar is bundled in mondrian.war

This worked for me and resolved the VerifyError exception. Thanks!