US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: Order dimension don't work over mondrian

Default Order dimension don't work over mondrian

Hi all,

I've find that mondrian order my pivot table as he wish.

I have the next dimension

<Dimension name="Producto">
    <Hierarchy hasAll="true" allMemberName="PRODUCTOS" defaultMember="PRODUCTOS">
    <Level name="Grupo" column="grupo" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="Never"/>
    <Level name="Producto" column="producto" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="IfBlankName">
    </Level>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>

and want to have my products list sorted alphabetically. I try setting captionColumn="producto", also ordinalColumn, and make MDX query of kind.

select My Measures ON COLUMNS,
    Order([Producto].[PRODUCTOS].CHILDREN, [Producto].CurrentMember.Properties("MEMBER_NAME"), BASC) ON ROWS
    from my Cube

and don't work, in the case of the MDX the order only apply over "GRUPO" level but my products appear disordered, and how I need that the user can picked in the level "GRUPO" that he wish, this last maybe isn't a true option

Hi all, maybe nobody has found this kind of problem, but i discover more.

Now i update to last BI server, and now my crosstab table looks fine, the data is alphabeticaly ordered (A-Z), but when I use the Open Olap Navigator button find that my levels over all dimension appear ordered desc (Z-A), and when select any item and click over OK button the Data id Ordered desc also.

Now i'm sure that it is some type of configuration over JPivot component, but someone know how work with it.

Thanks

Hi i'm working arround the problem, how i think JPivot read some parameters, before deploy a solution. the function that make it is request.setAttribute("com.tonbeller.wcf.component.RendererParameters", map); but until now i don't know what parameters it load, what xml file read or where is it ????????

there are more and more questions

Hi all, until now i have found one XML (..... WEB-INF/wcf/wcf-tags.tld) with two atributes, i've tryed to change the value of parameters and restart my server but don't work

Someone know what is the function of this file?, What do this kind of atributes? Can i modify the value of parameters here or where?

<attribute>
    <name>orderBy</name>
    <required>false</required>
    <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    <description>Name of the column to order by</description>
    </attribute>
    <attribute>
    <name>nestedOrderBy</name>
    <required>false</required>
    <rtexprvalue>true</rtexprvalue>
    <description>Name of an additional column to order by</description>
    </attribute>

To confirm where the order of my products is falling, i have to enable the log of SQL statements and find that the query is all rigth.

select product as "c0" from myTable as "myTable" where group = 'Product Line') group by product order by myTable.product ASC NULLS LAST

the clause ORDER BY is ok, i can run this query and my products are order in alphabet order A - Z

Until now i had the idea that in some Jpivot xml file the order clause is going configured how ORDER BY DESC

Hi all, It seems that anybody found some thing about this problem, finally i have to downgrade to 4.0 to version, and all work fine. the (A-Z) order works over Navigator Cube and over CrossTable.

It seems that they are working over Cube Navigator. Someone maybe think that Saiku is a better option but it isn't work fine.