US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: TimeDimension defined Year-Month crashes when "Current" or "Previous" etc. are used

Default TimeDimension defined Year-Month crashes when "Current" or "Previous" etc. are used

I have created a few TimeDimensions around dates in a schema I defined using Schema Workbench (v3.3.0.14703).

When I go to use those as a filter in the User Console Anlayzer Report (v4.1.0) creator, it gives me all the options for filtering you would expect from a TimeDimension (List, Range, Current, Previous, Next etc.).

I can successfully "Select from a list" for an individual Year-Month combination (e.g. 2013-04). I can successfully "Select a range". (e.g Between (incl.) 2013-01 and 2013-04)

However when I try to do any of the "Current", "Previous", "Next" type filters, the analyzer filter update crashes with this error.

Code:
    java.lang.RuntimeException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.RuntimeException: mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:Syntax error at line 1, column 134, token '}'
    I have checked the table defined for the Cube and none of the date fields are NULL. I have checked the lookup table (dim_HR_date) and all values in the table link to a record with a valid value. (every NC_Expiry_date_sk in the fact table has a corresponding date_sk in the lookup table. Every row in dim_HR_date has a valid and correctly formatted Year-Month and YearMonth value ).

A typical example of the Dimensions I have set up is defined below

Code:
    <Dimension type="TimeDimension" visible="true" foreignKey="NC_Expiry_date_sk" name="NC Expiry Date Filter">
          <Hierarchy visible="true" hasAll="true" primaryKey="date_sk">
            <Table name="dim_HR_date" schema="dbo" alias="">
            </Table>
            <Level name="NC Expiry Date Year Month" visible="true" column="Year-Month" ordinalColumn="YearMonth" type="String" uniqueMembers="false" levelType="TimeMonths" hideMemberIf="Never">
              <Annotations>
                <Annotation name="AnalyzerDateFormat">
                  <![CDATA[[yyyy]-[mm]]]>
                </Annotation>
              </Annotations>
            </Level>
          </Hierarchy>
        </Dimension>
    Is there something I have missed in defining the dimension that would cause the "Current", "Previous", "Next" style filters to fail?
    Are there any known issues with the "Current", "Previous", "Next" style filters? I've searched the forum but can't find anything that exactly reflects my problem.

Thanks

Were you able to fix this? Can you share how you fixed it? Thanks