US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: Too slow MDX queries

Default Too slow MDX queries

Hello.

I work with bi server 4.5 with windows xp plataform. I read a post if you clear all in biserver-ce\tomcat\temp
    mondrian goes faster I do it. And works fine but another solutions?

For example a configuration file when you change it, it improve fast execute queries?

Hi Emilio,

Do you have any specific examples of MDX queries that perform badly? Turning on DEBUG logging on the mondrian.mdx and mondrian.sql loggers in the log4j.xml file is often a good way to figure out where the time is going, and whether configuration, aggregate tables, or query changes are appropriate.

Hi mcambell

I read this in an other post. Go to this path

\biserver-ce\pentaho-solutions\system\mondrian

I read change this propertie file and put this sentence: "mondrian.rolap.cellBatchSize=250000"

I did and now go good.

I don't know if it would be an other better solution or this solution i find is wrong.

However I put this query but in other queries. In the past did it toot slow :

select NON EMPTY {[Measures].[Ventas], [Measures].[Facturas], [Measures].[Media]} ON COLUMNS,
    NON EMPTY [Articulo].[All Articulos].Children ON ROWS
    from [CapriCubeDEmo]
    where Crossjoin(Crossjoin({[Cliente].[{parametrocliente}]}, {[Comercial].[{parametronombre}]}), {[Fecha].[{parametrofecha}]})

Now it goes good velocity. Sorry for my english.

Thanks cambell for the response.