US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: When will Mondrian 4 be released?

Default When will Mondrian 4 be released?

Is there a target date for when the stable release of Mondrian 4 will be available? I am starting a project now to deliver in August and I'm not sure if I should use Mondrian 3.5 or Mondrian 4. Any recommendations?

Also, if I use 3.5 I am not sure which 3.5 to use. In the official Pentaho maven repo (http://repository.pentaho.org/artifactory/repo/) I see Mondrian versions up to 3.5.7 but these are not listed as stable releases on sourceforge. If I were to use Mondrian 3.5 should I use Mondrian 3.5.0 as listed on Sourceforge as the latest stable release or should I use Mondrian 3.5.7, which appears to be the latest release available in the official Pentaho Maven repo?

Thanks for any advice.

Colin

Anyone?

If you're planning to deliver in August, Mondrian 4 is not an option. You're probably best of with the most recent patch, which I think is currently 3.5.8.

Thanks for the reply!

Is there a way to track the progress of Mondrian 4? Is the bugtracking/jira system or whatever public? Is there a target release date for Mondrian 4?

Is this the best resource to answer these questions:
    http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/MONDR...Aroadmap-panel

Yes, the jira system is public, and the link you posted is a good way to monitor work on Mondrian 4. There is not an official release date.

bump

Is there a roadmap, or release date for Mondrian 4? The roadmap linked above doesn't seem to have any target dates tied to it.

While Mondrian 4 is being used in a few different community or third party products, Pentaho has not yet put it on the roadmap to become the default Mondrian engine within the BAServer of either the community or enterprise editions. We are still actively working on it and burning down compatibility issues, regressions, and especially testing infrastructure changes. When it becomes a roadmap item for one of the platform releases, we will definitely make sure that it is communicated, at least through Jira, and most likely through these forums as well.
    -Daniel