US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: Mondrian Error:WHERE clause expression returned set with more than one element.

Default Mondrian Error:WHERE clause expression returned set with more than one element.

Hi,

I am making small modifications on a project and If someone can give me a kindly help I will be really thankful.

Let me give a brief introduction of the scenario, I have database with one table only where there are some MDX queries with Mondrian, the table has some fields so I will resume them to simplify.

Let's imagine the table is composed by:

Code:
      `id` int(11) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT,
      `coverage` varchar(8) NOT NULL,
      `spot` smallint(4) NOT NULL,
      `date_time` datetime NOT NULL,
      `year` smallint(6) NOT NULL,
      `month` tinyint(4) NOT NULL,
      `month_name` char(3) NOT NULL,
      `day` tinyint(4) NOT NULL,
      `hour` tinyint(4) NOT NULL,
      `hour_part` tinyint(4) NOT NULL,
      `minute` tinyint(4) NOT NULL,
      `status` varchar(8) NOT NULL
      `identifier` varchar(16) NOT NULL,
      `identifier_2` varchar(16) DEFAULT NULL,
    I have this schema:

Code:
        <Dimension name="Spot">
          <Hierarchy hasAll="true" allMemberName="All">
            <Level name="Coverage" column="coverage"/>
            <Level name="Spot" column="spot"/>
          </Hierarchy>
        </Dimension>

<!-- Year > Month > Day > Hour -->      
        <Dimension name="Time">
            <Level name="Year" column="year" type="Numeric" uniqueMembers="true"/>
            <Level name="Month" column="month" ordinalColumn="month" nameColumn="month_name"/>
            <Level name="Day" column="day" type="Numeric" formatString="0#"/>
            <Level name="Hour" column="hour" type="Numeric" formatString="0#"/>
            <Level name="HourPart" column="hour_part" type="Numeric" formatString="0#"/>
            <Level name="Minute" column="minute" type="Numeric" formatString="0#"/>
          </Hierarchy>
        </Dimension>

<!-- Status -->      
        <Dimension name="Status">
            <Level name="Status" column="status" uniqueMembers="true"/>
          </Hierarchy>
        </Dimension>

<!-- IMSI -->      
        <Dimension name="IDENTIFIER">
            <Level name="IDENTIFIER" column="identifier" uniqueMembers="true"/>
          </Hierarchy>
        </Dimension>

<!-- ImsiOnly -->      
        <Dimension name="IDENTIFIERONLY">
            <Level name="IDENTIFIERONLY" column="identifier_2" uniqueMembers="true"/>
          </Hierarchy>
        </Dimension>

etc...
    And is working fine, for instance if I execute the following query there is no problem at all:

Code:
    WITH MEMBER Spot.M1 AS AGGREGATE({Spot.Coverage.Global,Spot.Coverage.Regional,Spot.Coverage.Narrow}) SELECT {Status.[OK],Status.[NotOK]} ON ROWS ,{Time.[2013].[May].[30],Time.[2013].[May].[31],Time.[2013].[Jun].[1],Time.[2013].[Jun].[2],Time.[2013].[Jun].[3],Time.[2013].[Jun].[4],Time.[2013].[Jun].[5],Time.[2013].[Jun].[6]} ON COLUMNS FROM Registrations WHERE (IDENTIFIER.[90],Measures.Total,Spot.M1)
    Now I have a new scenario where I have to do a query with an "OR" between identifier and identifier_2, If i execute the following query:

Code:
    WITH MEMBER Spot.M1 AS AGGREGATE({Spot.Coverage.Global,Spot.Coverage.Regional,Spot.Coverage.Narrow}) SELECT {Status.[OK],Status.[NotOK]} ON ROWS ,{Time.[2013].[May].[30],Time.[2013].[May].[31],Time.[2013].[Jun].[1],Time.[2013].[Jun].[2],Time.[2013].[Jun].[3],Time.[2013].[Jun].[4],Time.[2013].[Jun].[5],Time.[2013].[Jun].[6]} ON COLUMNS FROM Registrations WHERE ({(IDENTIFIER.[90],IDENTIFIER2,Measures.Total,Spot.M1), (IDENTIFIER,IDENTIFIER2.[90],Measures.Total,Spot.M1)})
    It works well, except if there is a row with IDENTIFIER=IDENTIFIER_2, in this case, I got the following error:

Mondrian Error:WHERE clause expression returned set with more than one element.

I am a newbie with Mondrian, so I will really thankful if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I've upgraded the version of mondrian and now the error is gone, however, instead of the error now when there is a case where at least one row has IDENTIFIER=IDENTIFIER_2 , the "number"of Status.[Ok] and Status.[NotOk] are not filtered (it counts all the existing rows) and it doubles the number.

Someone can help me ?

Hi, I guess I solved this problem, however, I have to confess, the methodology was "trial and error" and I do not understand why is solved, but if someone feels comfortable to explain I will appreciate. The solution was to modify the query for:

Code:
    WITH MEMBER Spot.M1 AS AGGREGATE({Spot.Coverage.Global,Spot.Coverage.Regional,Spot.Coverage.Narrow}) SELECT {Status.[OK],Status.[NotOK]} ON ROWS ,{Time.[2013].[May].[30],Time.[2013].[May].[31],Time.[2013].[Jun].[1],Time.[2013].[Jun].[2],Time.[2013].[Jun].[3],Time.[2013].[Jun].[4],Time.[2013].[Jun].[5],Time.[2013].[Jun].[6]} ON COLUMNS FROM Registrations WHERE ({(IDENTIFIER.[90],IDENTIFIER2,Measures.Total,Spot.M1), (IDENTIFIER,IDENTIFIER2.[90],Measures.Total,Spot.M1), (IDENTIFIER.[90],IDENTIFIER2.[90],Measures.Total,Spot.M1)})