US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: How to link a CDE dashboard to another CDE dashboard by passing parameters ?

Question How to link a CDE dashboard to another CDE dashboard by passing parameters ?

Hi,

I'm using CCC2. I have a created a CDE dashboard with some charts and tables. What I want to do, is to create a link in a Table to open up another CDE dashboard. I found a way to do that by using the clickAction property of the table and writing in a function that looks like this :
    Code:
    function f(s) { window.open(url); }
    . It works fine. The problem is that, I want to pass some parameters in the URL for the dashboard that has to be opened. The parameters are not being taken into account. I'm not sure of the syntax I used but it was something like this :
    http://pentaho.dev.prive.nic.fr:8080...nder?solution=solution_folder&path=path&file=dashboard.wcdf&paramMY_PARAM_NAME=PARAM_VALUE.

The dashboard is opened but the parameter is not taken into account. Am I wrong in something ?

Thanks for your help.

Arrow

Hello,

You have to use CUSTOM PARAM instead of SIMPLE PARAM.

In the javascript function, you have to notice that :

Code:
    function(){
        if(Dashboards.getQueryParameter("param_year") != ""){
           return passing_param = Dashboards.getQueryParameter("param_year");
        }else{
           return 2013;
        }
    }

Quote Originally Posted by walezz View Post
    Hi,

I'm using CCC2. I have a created a CDE dashboard with some charts and tables. What I want to do, is to create a link in a Table to open up another CDE dashboard. I found a way to do that by using the clickAction property of the table and writing in a function that looks like this :
    Code:
    function f(s) { window.open(url); }
    . It works fine. The problem is that, I want to pass some parameters in the URL for the dashboard that has to be opened. The parameters are not being taken into account. I'm not sure of the syntax I used but it was something like this :
    http://pentaho.dev.prive.nic.fr:8080...nder?solution=solution_folder&path=path&file=dashboard.wcdf&paramMY_PARAM_NAME=PARAM_VALUE.

The dashboard is opened but the parameter is not taken into account. Am I wrong in something ?

Thanks for your help.

It works ! Thank you very much.

I got the same issue and this post help me, but i have to do this to fix the problem:
    create a Query Component, with a low priority (in my case 3) and with this in Pre EXECUTION:

function (){
    NameOfSimpleParameter = Dashboards.getQueryParameter('test_query');
    }

I have to use Dashboards. , without this doesnt work.

And thats all

I hope this help to somebody

How can we pass a date parameter of dd/mm/yyyy format in the URL ?

General oracle SQL query is :
    where date(+)=to_date('01/03/2014','mm/dd/yyyy') [where (+) indicates right outer join ]

I have tried below

where to_char(date,'mm/dd/yyyy')(+)='01/03/2014' [1st of all the query is not executed]

In this thread, for general parameters the custom parameter worked with out any issue , Now for passing date parameter do we need to take the Date parameter or again custom parameter ?
    I have tried using both but unable to success yet.