US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: "ant workbench" failed

Default "ant workbench" failed

I'm building Mondrian 3.5, executing "ant" and "ant war" succeeded, but executing "ant workbench" failed. The message of executing "ant workbench" is "BUILD SUCCESSFUL", but there is no java class file in bin/mondrian/gui, and there is also no class file in generated worbench.jar.

Try "workbench-dist". That should create the full workbench distribution under the dist/ folder.

I also tried "ant workbench-dist", but no luck. There is also no java class file in lib/workbench.jar in zipped file workbench.zip. So the workbench.jar in workbench.zip cannot work either.

That's odd. Are you on the HEAD of the 3.5 branch? (https://github.com/pentaho/mondrian)

$ cat .git/HEAD
    ref: refs/heads/3.5

$ git status
    # On branch 3.5
    # Untracked files:
    # (use "git add <file>..." to include in what will be committed)
    #
    # junit-results/
    # junit264009647567546196.properties
    # junitvmwatcher6430650870065690291.properties
    nothing added to commit but untracked files present (use "git add" to track)

I should be on the HEAD of the 3.5 branch.

By the way, how to run a single JUnit test case in Mondrian? Executing "ant test" succeeded, but when I try to run a single test case in Eclipse, it failed. The error message is:
    Class not found mondrian.olap.ParserTest
    java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: mondrian.olap.ParserTest
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:366)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:355)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:354)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:424)
    at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:308)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:357)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.loadClass(RemoteTestRunner.java:693)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.loadClasses(RemoteTestRunner.java:429)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:452)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:683)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:390)
    at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:197)

My bad, after checking ant build xml, I found I forgot to add class path. But still there is no java class file in bin/mondrian/gui.