US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: restartability feature in PDI 5.0

Post restartability feature in PDI 5.0

I am working on restartability feature newly introduced in PDI 5.0 but not working properly.
    I created a job with 3 sub-transformations and also created a table LOG_CHECKPOINT in database with following fields mentioned in log tab in Job settings.
    The fields are
    id_job_run
    id_job jobname
    job_run_start_date
    checkpoint_name
    namespace
    attempt_nr
    logdate
    parameter_xml
    result_xml
    checkpoint_copynr
    id_job_run_ktl

I tried to hardcode values in table and I ran job with second transformation made wrong and then corrected wrong transformation(second) and then again when I run the job,job is being restarted from the beginning itself(first transformation).

Also tried to run job without hardcoding values in the table but some junk values are being inserted into table after running job again for second time

I tried to follow steps mentioned in http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/...restartability but still not working properly.

If anyone has any experience working in it ,pls do share

First of all, the table creation SQL is automatically created for you if you hit the SQL button.
    I have no idea what else went wrong after that but you certainly don't have to insert any values into the checkpoint log table manually.
    You do have to flag the job entries you want to act as checkpoints.
    Matt Casters, Chief Data Integration
    Pentaho, Open Source Business Intelligence
    http://www.pentaho.org -- mcasters@pentaho.org

Author of the book Pentaho Kettle Solutions by Wiley. Also available as e-Book and on the Kindle reading applications (iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle devices, ...)

Join us on IRC server Freenode.net, channel ##pentaho

Thank you so much for the information

Is this feature not available in community edition? I'm unable to find the table in log tab of job properties.

I think it's a EE (Enterprise Edition) only.
    -- Mick --