US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: MONDRIAN-884 - Missing XMLA fields

Default MONDRIAN-884 - Missing XMLA fields

My company is currently embedding Mondrian 3.5.7 into one of our applications. One of our larger customers uses Microstrategy for reporting. Unfortunately, Microstrategy fails when importing cube definitions from Mondrian over XML/A due to some missing columns as described here.

If I were to submit a patch to add the missing columns, what would be the best branch to perform the work on? I would like to get the changes included in the next version to be released. Perhaps 3.6 or 3.7 codebase? Are there any scheduled release dates?

BTW - I am using MondrianXmlaServlet to provide the XML/A connectivity.

Best to submit pull requests to master, which is used for active development. If the change is determined critical enough for inclusion in a Service Pack it would get backported.

I'm not sure what the official release date is, but Mondrian 3.7 will be be coming out with Pentaho 5.1.

I'd love to hear more about your experience with Microstrategy+Mondrian: what works, what doesn't. A few years back I spent quite a bit of time getting Cognos+Mondrian playing nicely together.