Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Report Configuration

Default Report Configuration

Hi everyone,I'm working with a report with date type parameters. When I publish this report to Pentaho BI, the fields load, as the amount of dates is large it weighs the fill time. The question is, is there a way to remove this auto complete?

Another question, it is possible to remove the message "This prompt value is of an invalid value"
    Attached example.

Thanks
    Autocomplete.jpg

The message "This prompt is of an invalid value" comes because you have checked the option "Validate Values" in the parameter
    To remove the auto completion. Go in the report designer to the "Attribute" tab of the master report and change the auto-submit option for the parameter to false

Thanks johanhammink for the answer, but the auto complete continue showing the options even performing the procedure mentioned. To be clear, I want to remove the loading of field information.

The auto-complete is enabled if the parameter is driven by a query; can you try removing such a query

Perhaps use the Date Picker type for the parameter? I use this all the time and for dates and I have no loading issues

Quote Originally Posted by caralomi View Post
    The auto-complete is enabled if the parameter is driven by a query; can you try removing such a query
    I'm using the query to distinct dates, can't remove the query.

Quote Originally Posted by Deanicus View Post
    Perhaps use the Date Picker type for the parameter? I use this all the time and for dates and I have no loading issues
    I tryed but doesn't work, cause the field of my date recognizes like a string value. Only with Text Box works. Any suggestion?

Quote Originally Posted by MateusDido View Post
    I tryed but doesn't work, cause the field of my date recognizes like a string value. Only with Text Box works. Any suggestion?
    Use a date picker parameter for the user to use then create a hidden string parameter with this post processing formula =TEXT(DATE(YEAR([Date_Picker]);MONTH([Date_Picker]);DAY([Date_Picker]));"yyyy-MM-dd") where Date_Picker is the name of the date picker parameter you just created

You should then be able to pass this parameter to your query