US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: Pentaho web console long run report

Default Pentaho web console long run report

Hi,

I am having a long run issue with large reports. When I kick off a job in web console which contains more than 100,000 rows of data it does run but freeze at some point usually 99%. They are pretty simple select and drop mysql reports.

I tested the query in Pentaho report design workstation and in mysql along both worked taking about 1 or so to complete 100,000 rows. Could anyone help me understand why the web console does not work while workstation and mysql worked?

Thanks,

Xingyu

Hi Xingyu,
    What type of Access are you using in the database connection of your report?. To connect to mysql I use a JNDI connection both for report designer and the server. In the server I have configured the JNDI connection with the option autoReconnect=true. Before setting this option, I had some problems accessing reports in the server, I had to try twice or three times before being able to see the report.
    If you're using Native (JDBC) access in your connection, I think you can set that option in the Options Window of the Database Connection, but I haven't tried it myself.
    Regards