Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: MDX parameter when blank gets replaced by parameter name (!!) in dynamic MDX query

Default MDX parameter when blank gets replaced by parameter name (!!) in dynamic MDX query

Dear,

I have a very frustrating problem.

I have the below dynamic MDX query.

with member [Measures].[GM%] as 'IIf(([Measures].[Revenue] > 2), ((([Measures].[Revenue] - [Measures].[Cost]) / [Measures].[Revenue]) * 100), NULL)'

select
    crossjoin(
    LastPeriods(5, [Date.YQM].[${paramSelectedFY}].LastChild), [Measures].[GM%] ) ON COLUMNS,

{
    order ( [SP].Children, [Measures].[Revenue], DESC)
    } ON ROWS
    from [GM_SP]

where Crossjoin ( { ${paramSelectedSOB} } , { ${paramSelectedIOU} } )

I can see in the pre-execution function of my table component that I send paramSelectedSOB blank.

From the catalina log, I can see that pentaho has replaced it with 'paramSelectedSOB' making the query to fail.

catalina.jpg dashboard.jpg when emptying parameter.jpg

When setting the parameter through a select box to another MDX path, the page does not work anymore. This happens also with a chart component, but when the query goes in error, the chart shows 'Error Processing'. When selecting again a valid MDX path, the chart works again.

I have thus 2 problems:

1) why is Pentaho replacing my variable with the variable name when being blank? the query is build so that it would work with a blank value ... :S

2) why the Table component fails to react again whereas the chart component still works :S??

I put for now a silly code in the pre-execution so that atleast the component renders...

But I cant imagine this is the way how it is done? What am I missing?

if(paramSelectedSOB == ''){

Dashboards.setParameterValue('paramSelectedSOB', '');

}

if(paramSelectedIOU == ''){

Dashboards.setParameterValue('paramSelectedIOU', '');
    }