Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: URGENT!!! Pentaho Bi Server CE 5.0.1 - Error with Chrome v61

Default URGENT!!! Pentaho Bi Server CE 5.0.1 - Error with Chrome v61

I'm facing a problem when trying to open reports made with Pentaho Report Designer in my Bi-Server CE 5.0.1. They were working perfect until today that my Chrome updated to version 61. Now, when opening a report with Chrome v61, the parameters box is missing and in the console i've found this error.

Captura.jpg

It reads like this:
    Code:
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected identifier
        at fire (:7080/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf/js/jquery.js:1047)
        at Object.fireWith (:7080/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf/js/jquery.js:1165)
        at ready (:7080/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf/js/jquery.js:436)
    This is how it looks in Firefox (it works ok in Firefox and even in previous versions of Chrome):

ff.jpg

And this is how it looks in Chrome (the parameters box is missing in Chrome v61):

chrome.jpg

Any help??

The button to the right of the page selection should show or hide the parameter panel. If that doesn't do anything, it looks like a Chrome issue rather than a Pentaho issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Lukfi View Post
    The button to the right of the page selection should show or hide the parameter panel. If that doesn't do anything, it looks like a Chrome issue rather than a Pentaho issue.
    Thanks Lukfi, i've tried with that button, but the parameters doesn't show. What i discovered now is that with the exact same version of Chrome (61.0.3163.79 (Build oficial) (64 bits)) on differents pc, it works ok on some of them, and doesn't work in others.
    I thought this was related to a Chrome update, but now i have the same version in all of my workstations and the problem is appearing only in some pc.

Any more ideas??

I am inclined to think this is a chrome issue. Just for your consideration; you may want to upgrade to a later version 5.0.1 is way long out of supported life I believe

Quote Originally Posted by caralomi View Post
    I am inclined to think this is a chrome issue. Just for your consideration; you may want to upgrade to a later version 5.0.1 is way long out of supported life I believe
    Ok, i've been searching for a tutorial or something that helps me to update my bi-server to version 6 or 7, but found nothing. I've a production server that contains many reports that are in use right now and i can't loose anything, so updating is very risky...
    Last edited by mlaurito04; 09-13-2017 at 02:04 PM.

With import-export.bat you can export your repository with all your reports and also users and roles and than import it to another server. Then you can test if eveything works fine after the upgrade.

Does emtying internet cache helps?

Quote Originally Posted by johanhammink View Post
    With import-export.bat you can export your repository with all your reports and also users and roles and than import it to another server. Then you can test if eveything works fine after the upgrade.

Does emtying internet cache helps?
    Thanks johan, where can i find that import-export.bat??

No, emptying internet cache doesn't work, even tried uninstalling chrome completely and delete the profile and it doesn't work.

If i downgrade chrome to an earlier version, it works ok, but the v61 (the one with the problem) works ok in some pc and doesn't work in others.

The import-export.bat file should be in the root folder of the pentaho server. So the same directory as start-pentaho.bat.

I am not working with version 5.0 anymore so I cannot check if I encountered the same problems with the newest chrome version. It looks there is something wrong in the jquery.js.

Quote Originally Posted by johanhammink View Post
    The import-export.bat file should be in the root folder of the pentaho server. So the same directory as start-pentaho.bat.

I am not working with version 5.0 anymore so I cannot check if I encountered the same problems with the newest chrome version. It looks there is something wrong in the jquery.js.
    Yes, i've found it and now i'm struggling with the import-export.sh. Do you know what is the --path parameter?? It's giving me an error.

The path is supposed to be a folder within PUC such as /public that would export all the folders below the public folder