Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: save data on server

Default save data on server

Hi, I'm using CDE Dashboard and I'd like to save data on server, when I click a button. How can I do it? With Ajax and Php?

Davide

The common way to do that is to setup a CDA kettle datasource. Then you build a kettle transformation that does whatever you like (saving data, call web services, whatever).

In the dashboard use a query component that listens to the button. When the button is clicked the query is triggered, the transformation is run and your data is saved.
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Thanks pamval, I try to do it!

edit:
    I created the Ktr file with two parameters: dir and content. Dir is the server path where I want save the file. How should the path be set to save the file in a specific server directory, for example on pentaho_root/pentaho-cdf-dd/resources/file.txt?
    Last edited by Sondavide; 09-14-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Depends on the step you're using, I guess. Absolute paths should work fine in any kettle step, though.
    Pedro Vale
    --

I used "get variable" step to get the parameters and "txt output" to create new file. But ktr file is on repository "public/mydashboard/resource", while I'd like to save the txt file on filesystem.

Schermata 2017-09-15 14:36:46.png

On CDE I created two parameters with the kettle parameters name. I uploaded the file on the server with "Browse file" and I created this kettle query:

kettlequeries.jpg

caricamentoktr.png

Finally i created a standard query component:

querystandard.png

But the file is not created, i think there's an error with path in file system.

if for example i set the path "system/file", file is saved on "Tomcat/bin/system/file.txt"
    if i set path "/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf-dd/file", file is non saved
    Last edited by Sondavide; 09-15-2017 at 11:50 AM.

/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf-dd/file is an absolute path. Does the pentaho folder exist at the root of the file system and is the user running pentaho allowed to write there? don't you have errors in pentaho.log saying why the file was not saved?
    Pedro Vale
    --