Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: save data on server

Default save data on server

Hi, I'm using CDE Dashboard and I'd like to save data on server, when I click a button. How can I do it? With Ajax and Php?

Davide

The common way to do that is to setup a CDA kettle datasource. Then you build a kettle transformation that does whatever you like (saving data, call web services, whatever).

In the dashboard use a query component that listens to the button. When the button is clicked the query is triggered, the transformation is run and your data is saved.
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

Thanks pamval, I try to do it!

edit:
    I created the Ktr file with two parameters: dir and content. Dir is the server path where I want save the file. How should the path be set to save the file in a specific server directory, for example on pentaho_root/pentaho-cdf-dd/resources/file.txt?
    Last edited by Sondavide; 09-14-2017 at 02:15 PM.

Depends on the step you're using, I guess. Absolute paths should work fine in any kettle step, though.
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

I used "get variable" step to get the parameters and "txt output" to create new file. But ktr file is on repository "public/mydashboard/resource", while I'd like to save the txt file on filesystem.

Schermata 2017-09-15 14:36:46.png

On CDE I created two parameters with the kettle parameters name. I uploaded the file on the server with "Browse file" and I created this kettle query:

kettlequeries.jpg

caricamentoktr.png

Finally i created a standard query component:

querystandard.png

But the file is not created, i think there's an error with path in file system.

if for example i set the path "system/file", file is saved on "Tomcat/bin/system/file.txt"
    if i set path "/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf-dd/file", file is non saved
    Last edited by Sondavide; 09-15-2017 at 11:50 AM.