US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Instalation pentaho on Ubuntu Linux 6.10

Default Instalation pentaho on Ubuntu Linux 6.10

Hello,

I'm trying install pentaho on ubuntu 6.10, I downloaded the Pentaho Open BI Suite and Pentaho Reporting Server(file pentaho_demo-1.2.0.534-GA.tar.gz) from site http://www.pentaho.org/download/ga.php, after download I descompressed the file and perform the script start-pentaho.sh, but it shown a lot of "WARN" and some "ERROR", but still works.
    The first problem is when I connect from another machine from network, the imagens aren't shown, only from local machine. Do I need something special configuration ?
    Second, these "WARN" and some "ERROR" are normal on start up pentaho ?
    Third, Ubuntu Linux is supported or I need a distro based on Red Hat Linux?

I need a complete BI solution, reports, dashboards, analysis. The file that I downloaded had all or I need download separated programs and install one by one ?
    Someone had a "how to" or know where I found one ?

Obs: Sorry for my english, I'm from Brazil.

Thank you in Advance

Ranieri Mazili

The file you download has examples of reports, dashboards, analysis.

You should be able to use Ubunto Linux. we do not know of any problems running Pentaho on this distributon.

Can you tell me what the WARNS and ERRORs are. Some WARNS are ok but there should not be any ERRORs that I know of.

James

Hello rmazili
    can u tell what is ERROR and WARN you get in Ubuntu..

regards ..
    dhans.

Smile see this tutorial

i had the same problem and i decide to make a tutorial
    see here

good luck

Cool Customize pentaho on Ubuntu tomcat and postgres

I´m working on customize a pentaho server for analysis, reports and dashboards over a machine with ubuntu. I´ve pobe individual components, mondrian with mysql, mondrian with postgres, all over tomcat. Now I want go to next stage, that is deploy the plataform on ubuntu and tomcat.

How a prior stage, I test the plataform over windows tomcat and postgres. And after some problems it work great. Now want make the same over linux, but when I launch my application it show me a login and when go how some of the users for default, it show the 500 error (Error on the Server).

Comparatively with windows verssion, I thoght that the problem were the login for what i remove the servlet options. But it only show the same error.

Thumbs down pentaho don´t work over Ubuntu & tomcat

I work hard to run pentaho over ubuntu with tomcat and postgresql. The first time , it only show 500 error and when look at the logs don´t tell me nothing.
    Afther I review the pentaho.xml and delete especial characters from file. With it the server show me a login window, but when try entry it again go to error, this time show error of the class ace security and javax.servlet.ServletException SystemStatusFilter.doFilter.

For last, I edit the publisher_config.xml and now it show this mensage

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: /jsp/Home.jsp:100

97: parameters.setParameter( "image-height", "320"); //$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$
    98: StringBuffer content = new StringBuffer();
    99: ArrayList messages = new ArrayList();
    100: ChartHelper.doPieChart( "samples", "steel-wheels/homeDashboard", "territory.widget.xml", parameters, content, userSession, messages, null );
    101:
    102: pie1 = content.toString();
    103:

Stacktrace:
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:506)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:377)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:264)
    org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
    org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)

I´ve made the instalation on windows and it work well. with exeption of some reports
    Last edited by karlose; 08-03-2007 at 01:38 PM.

On the same page showing the stacktrace, there should be a section called "Root Cause" or "Caused By". Can you post that?

Thumbs up cause root On ubuntu and tomcat

Thanks for answer, it´s difficult for me know why the server don´t run over linux. Aditional at I said before, I run the 1.5 Ga on tomcat5.5 and postgres.

I probe the architecture on windows and it work fine, but now I don´t now

Here is the cause root

javax.servlet.ServletException
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:843)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:776)
    org.apache.jsp.jsp.Home_jsp._jspService(Home_jsp.java:271)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:334)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:264)
    org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.invoke(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:107)
    org.acegisecurity.intercept.web.FilterSecurityInterceptor.doFilter(FilterSecurityInterceptor.java:72)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.ExceptionTranslationFilter.doFilter(ExceptionTranslationFilter.java:110)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy$VirtualFilterChain.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:274)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.switchuser.SwitchUserProcessingFilter.doFilter(SwitchUserProcessingFilter.java:335)
    com.pentaho.security.SecurityStartupFilter.doFilter(SecurityStartupFilter.java:71)
    org.acegisecurity.providers.anonymous.AnonymousProcessingFilter.doFilter(AnonymousProcessingFilter.java:125)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.rememberme.RememberMeProcessingFilter.doFilter(RememberMeProcessingFilter.java:142)
    com.pentaho.security.RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.doFilter(RequestParameterAuthenticationFilter.java:160)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.basicauth.BasicProcessingFilter.doFilter(BasicProcessingFilter.java:178)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.AbstractProcessingFilter.doFilter(AbstractProcessingFilter.java:217)
    org.acegisecurity.ui.logout.LogoutFilter.doFilter(LogoutFilter.java:108)
    com.pentaho.security.HttpSessionReuseDetectionFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionReuseDetectionFilter.java:142)
    org.acegisecurity.context.HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.doFilter(HttpSessionContextIntegrationFilter.java:193)
    org.acegisecurity.wrapper.SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.doFilter(SecurityContextHolderAwareRequestFilter.java:81)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterChainProxy.doFilter(FilterChainProxy.java:148)
    org.acegisecurity.util.FilterToBeanProxy.doFilter(FilterToBeanProxy.java:98)
    org.pentaho.core.system.SystemStatusFilter.doFilter(SystemStatusFilter.java:53)

root cause

Graceful for help

Hi, I have the same problem the full stack trace is

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Exception in JSP: /jsp/Home.jsp:100

97: parameters.setParameter( "image-height", "320"); //$NON-NLS-1$ //$NON-NLS-2$
    98: StringBuffer content = new StringBuffer();
    99: ArrayList messages = new ArrayList();
    100: ChartHelper.doPieChart( "samples", "steel-wheels/homeDashboard", "territory.widget.xml", parameters, content, userSession, messages, null );
    101:
    102: pie1 = content.toString();
    103:

Stacktrace:
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.handleJspException(JspServletWrapper.java:504)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:375)
    javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
    org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

javax.servlet.ServletException
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:858)
    org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:791)
    org.apache.jsp.jsp.Home_jsp._jspService(Home_jsp.java:276)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)
    org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

root cause

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
    org.pentaho.repository.runtime.RuntimeRepository.setSession(RuntimeRepository.java:74)
    org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.getRuntimeRepository(PentahoSystem.java:1016)
    org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:178)
    org.pentaho.ui.component.charting.AbstractChartComponent.getActionData(AbstractChartComponent.java:162)
    org.pentaho.ui.component.charting.PieDatasetChartComponent.createChart(PieDatasetChartComponent.java:78)
    org.pentaho.ui.component.charting.PieDatasetChartComponent.getXmlContent(PieDatasetChartComponent.java:162)
    org.pentaho.ui.XmlComponent.getContent(XmlComponent.java:41)
    org.pentaho.ui.ChartHelper.doPieChart(ChartHelper.java:125)
    org.apache.jsp.jsp.Home_jsp._jspService(Home_jsp.java:148)
    org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:332)