US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: KTR and KJB files

Question KTR and KJB files

Hi,

I need to edit a job or transformation without Spoon.
    Since ktr and kjb files are just XML files, they should have related XSD(XML Schema Definition) files, is that correct?
    How can I acquire the XSD for these two files? I searched in Kettle distribution and i didn't find these files.

Regards,
    Fernando Cesar.

They don't exist for the moment. The XML is written the old manual trusted way

And you shouldn't try to edit the ktr, kjb manually... one of the ideas of spoon is to not have to edit xml files.

Regards,
    Sven

Sven,

Thanks for your quick response!!

I have the following scenario:
    1 - We will have some default jobs and transformations;
    2 - Some customers will have to extend these transformations, for example, a customer can have more fields in the Database (extension fields), in this case the customer have to add these fields in the ETL operation;
    3 - The customer need a friendly WEB interface to extend these transformations;

Is there a schedule to the creation of XSD's files?
    Since the XSD's doesn't exist, edit the XML files is out of the question.
    Do you see any other possible solution?

Regards,
    Fernando.

No web interface scheduled yet... it would be also be a very very heavy web client, so I doubt Spoon will ever become a real web app (webstart is available ;-) )

Spoon was specifically created to "extend/change" jobs/transformation, it's free to install. Maybe you're making your life and your customers harder than needed. We definitely don't want people changing the xml's manually, or via something else then Spoon.
    Hint: if I were your customer I would install Kettle/Spoon behind your back and do the changes in Spoon

Also no schedule yet to create XSD's, not that I'm aware of anyway.

Regards,
    Sven