Platform 1.6.0 RC1 Testing
A Release Candidate (RC1) is now available!
After weeks of community testing and bug fixing, the first Release Candidate of the BI Server, Metadata Editor, Report Design Wizard and Design Studio has been posted. The Report Designer is not yet ready to be called a Release Candidate but should be ready sometime next week.
The next Release Candidate (RC2) is tentatively scheduled for August 27th and hopefully 3 to 4 weeks later a GA version will follow.
Now is the time to verify that this version is good enough for your needs. Please report any issues or comments by replying to this thread. Include the platform, operating system, database, browser and any other configuration information that may be important. We have some use cases for you to try:
The testing instructions are the same as for the last few weeks. For this phase of testing we assume that you are a knowledgeable Pentaho user and are comfortable with downloading and installing the platform and components. This is not meant to be a test script but an outline to get you started using metadata and begin to get feedback on the documentation and user experience.
Refer to the FAQ and 1.6 Testing Home page for questions and resources.
* Download and install the Platform: version 1.6.0-RC1.
* Start the platform (refer to the Getting Started with the BI Platform guide)
* Use your browser and try the samples to verify you are configured correctly (Default URL is http://localhost:8080/pentaho)
* Verify that web based query and reporting is working by selecting "New Report" from the "Go" menu item. Drag and drop a few items and press the "Go" button at the bottom to preview.
* If you were successful - great! Otherwise verify the above steps and if all else fails, reply to this post for help.
* For Report Designer use version 1.5.6 Milestone 6.
* Now the fun part, download the Pentaho Metadata Editor - PME 1.6.0-RC1.
* Install the Pentaho Metadata Editor by following the documentation. Chapter 02 has the installation instructions.
* Follow the documentation to build metadata on top of your own data and publish to the platform.
* Design Studio version 1.6.0-RC1 is available for testing.
* Give your feedback
* Test your current solutions, actions, reports, etc. to make sure that they still work as expected in this new release.
Last edited by dmoran; 08-09-2007 at 10:00 PM.