US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: Running Maven build: required artifact is missing

Default Running Maven build: required artifact is missing

I finally got around to running the Maven build. I ran install_rescued_jars.sh and then mvn clean install -Dmaven.test.skip. And I get the following:

Code:
    Missing:
    ----------
    1) org.pentaho:pentaho-solutions:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT

Try downloading the file manually from the project website.

Then, install it using the command: 
          mvn install:install-file -DgroupId=org.pentaho -DartifactId=pentaho-solutions \
              -Dversion=1.6-SNAPSHOT -Dpackaging=jar -Dfile=/path/to/file

Path to dependency: 
            1) org.pentaho.deployables.jboss:jboss-portal-hsqldb-war:war:1.6-SNAPSHOT
            2) org.pentaho:pentaho-solutions:jar:1.6-SNAPSHOT

----------
    1 required artifact is missing.

for artifact: 
      org.pentaho.deployables.jboss:jboss-portal-hsqldb-war:war:1.6-SNAPSHOT

Taking a quick peak, it looks like the pentaho-solutions tree needs some cleanup.

1) pentaho-solutions/branches/maven is a little dirty, in that there is a second 'maven' sublayer that actually has the pom.xml file (/pentaho-solutions/branches/maven/maven/).

2) there is no distribution configuration in the pom.xml, so you have to do a 'mvn install' to create the pentaho-solutions-1.6-SNAPSHOT.jar in the desktop (local) repo so the other projects can use it.

This can be verified by looking at your /home or /document and settings /<user>/.m2/repository/org/pentaho/pentaho-solutions/ directory tree.

Just as an FYI, this is the same problem the normal ant process runs into, in that you need to grab the pentaho-solution from SCM before you can work on the regular items. Once there is distrubtionManagement and a Pentaho Repository to store the end results, it will make things a lot easier.

key phrase: Lack of Pentaho Repository (both a regular and a snapshot) for pentaho jars.
    Last edited by dhartford; 11-16-2007 at 10:10 AM.