US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: Kettle logs

Default Kettle logs

Hi,

When we run or preview a transformation, there are logs that are getting generated in the console. Is there a internal file where they are getting written or is it only for a view? If there is a log file, where can i find it in the kettle installation?

thanks,
    Dilip

The answer is going to vary slightly depending on your OS. For Windows XP, by default the log files will be written to

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Local Settings\Temp

Where USERNAME is your Windows user name. The log file names will be in the form spoon_UNIQUE_ID.log.

You can also specify -logfile=/some/file.log on the spoon command line to send the log to a file of your choice.

--Jeff Wright
    ThotWave Technologies

I have a question about this post: When I execute a transformation with kitchen ,does it write the log files there too?

Thanks!!

You can specify the logfile for Kitchen.
    On top of that, you can write the logs to a database table.

http://wiki.pentaho.org/display/COM/...ional+Metadata
    Matt Casters, Chief Data Integration
    Pentaho, Open Source Business Intelligence
    http://www.pentaho.org -- mcasters@pentaho.org

Author of the book Pentaho Kettle Solutions by Wiley. Also available as e-Book and on the Kindle reading applications (iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle devices, ...)

Join us on IRC server Freenode.net, channel ##pentaho

I have tried to use the option -logfile=/some/file.log to define the log file, but if I put basic logging, it doesn´t work, the log is empty. What´s the reason?

Thanks!

Default how to create log to maintain error records in pentaho kettle

Hi,
    I am new to the kettle tool.I use to load data from XL sheet to oracle Db tables.Can somebody explain me to log the error records in one XL sheet.

Thanks in Advance

Regards
    Saran

Quote Originally Posted by lgtleon View Post
    I have tried to use the option -logfile=/some/file.log to define the log file, but if I put basic logging, it doesn´t work, the log is empty. What´s the reason?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lgtleon View Post

Hello there,

Thanks!
    I am facing the same issue, where you able to write to the new log file? if so could you share what was the change you did?