US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Pentaho BI Server 3.5 - MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle for Windows & Linux Tutorial

Quote Originally Posted by matthoov View Post
    The files have changed a bit in 3.5. Has anyone been able to get 3.5 running from mysql only?

Thanks

Matt
    Yes, although it did take awhile. This http://osbi.nl/2009/09/how-to-instal...3-5-on-ubuntu/ was very helpful. As well as one of the commenters.

Default windows configuration

Hi,

If you are looking for windows configuration, here is a link,

http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread...andalone+mysql

Thanks
    Vaibhav Kumar

This has been updated for 3.5 and now supports MySQL, PostgreSQL and Oracle on both Windows and Linux operating systems!

Grab it here!
    Join ##Pentaho @ irc.freenode.net and start contributing!

My blog: http://www.prashantraju.com/
    One guide to rule them all: Pentaho BI Server 3.6.0 with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL

There seems to be a bit of a problem with the postgres sample data files. It doesn't create the db or change to it so all the tables get created in the postgres database.

Code:
    drop database if exists sampledata;

CREATE DATABASE sampledata  WITH OWNER = postgres  ENCODING = 'UTF8' TABLESPACE = pg_default;

\connect sampledata postgres
    I would guess needs adding, I have attached a version with the changes in it. Needs renaming, the forum won't let me upload a .sql file.

Wil
    Attached Files Attached Files
    SQL: as much of a standard as the English language

Quote Originally Posted by wselwood View Post
    \connect sampledata postgres[/code]I would guess needs adding, I have attached a version with the changes in it. Needs renaming, the forum won't let me upload a .sql file.
    Thanks Wil!

I have now updated the sample data sql script for postgresql.
    Join ##Pentaho @ irc.freenode.net and start contributing!

My blog: http://www.prashantraju.com/
    One guide to rule them all: Pentaho BI Server 3.6.0 with Microsoft SQL Server, MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSQL

Default BI Server MSSQL Configuration

Hi,

I have updated BI Server MSSQL configuration for reference at
    http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=74677. Please let me know of any modifications to be done.

Vaibhav

Exclamation which script creates the pentaho_admin user in postgresql?

When running the script,sample_data_postgresql.sql, I see the following on line number 7876 (but also in other lines in that script)

GRANT SELECT,INSERT,REFERENCES,DELETE,TRIGGER,UPDATE ON TABLE customer_w_ter TO pentaho_admin;

However, in none of the 5 this user is created.

Do I have to add it manually?

Same here.

Default Worked: Beware SQLExpress Reporting Services

Hi

Excellent tutorial, without it I would not have got Pentaho installed and running.

It did take me 3 hours to work out that MS SQLExpress 2008 Reporting Services was hogging port 8080 which gave me weird results.

1. The Tomcat server would running but not give me access.
    2. netstat said the the port was free

Luckily this can be disabled in the windows services.

Many Thanks
    Adrian

Default Admin Console PAC Problems Solved

Admin Console PAC

I had a little trouble getting the Admin Console up and running and thought I would document this to help out others in the same position.

I have installed Pentaho using the excellent guide by Prashant Rajuon on a Windows XP platform with MySQL and Navicat as a frontend for the MySQL server.

1. The Admin Console would not run until I had entered the correct path into the console.xml file.

File Location; C:\pentaho\administration-console\resource\config\console.xml

<solution-path>C:\pentaho\administration-console</solution-path>

I also added the following location into the same file

<war-path>C:\pentaho\biserver-ce\tomcat\webapps\pentaho</war-path>

2. Now I could log into the Admin Console but could not see any users or the sample database or make a new database connection, I could see all the database information thought the Pentaho BI web page though.

The error message I was getting was that the Admin Console could not connect to the hibernate database.

The fix for this was to copy the C:\pentaho\pentaho-solutions\system\hibernate folder and its contents into C:\pentaho\administration-console\system\hibernate.

After restarting the PAC server all works.