US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: Problem with reporting and an AS400

Unhappy Problem with reporting and an AS400

Hello all,
    I am testing the report designer from Pentaho, and I am new in reporting tool.
    My mother language is French, and I speak a little English, so I will try to explain clearly my problem.
    I want to use the pentaho report designer with a database from an AS400.
    I have download the driver JDBC for the connexion (J400).
    When I test the connexion, I have no problem, and I can explore the database with no problem, I can see the table from the database with no problem.

But when I put some field (from my database) in the "Item Band" (on the sheet --> "design" page) and I click on the preview button, there is nothing on the page. After that, when I return to the "design" page, a window show me an error message.

the error message is :
    org.jfree.report.modules.misc.tablemodel.DataTableException: Accessing the result set failed:
    at org.jfree.report.modules.misc.tablemodel.ScrollableResultSetTableModel.getRowCount(ScrollableResultSetTableModel.java:209)
    at org.jfree.report.states.datarow.ReportDataRow.isAdvanceable(ReportDataRow.java:147)
    at org.jfree.report.states.datarow.GlobalMasterRow.isAdvanceable(GlobalMasterRow.java:238)
    at org.jfree.report.states.process.ProcessState.isLastItemInGroup(ProcessState.java:588)
    at org.jfree.report.states.process.ProcessDetailsHandler.commit(ProcessDetailsHandler.java:74)
    at org.jfree.report.states.process.ProcessState.commit(ProcessState.java:321)
    at org.jfree.report.layout.output.AbstractReportProcessor.processPaginationLevel(AbstractReportProcessor.java:765)
    at org.jfree.report.layout.output.AbstractReportProcessor.prepareReportProcessing(AbstractReportProcessor.java:433)
    at org.jfree.report.modules.output.pageable.graphics.PrintReportProcessor.getPageDrawable(PrintReportProcessor.java:257)
    at org.pentaho.reportdesigner.crm.report.preview.ReportPane$3.run(ReportPane.java:152)
    ParentException:
    java.sql.SQLException: Internal driver error. (class java.lang.InterruptedException)
    at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:528)
    at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCConnection.sendAndReceive(AS400JDBCConnection.java:2841)
    at com.ibm.as400.access.JDServerRowCache.fetch(JDServerRowCache.java:336)
    at com.ibm.as400.access.JDServerRowCache.relative(JDServerRowCache.java:802)
    at com.ibm.as400.access.JDServerRowCache.absolute(JDServerRowCache.java:535)
    at com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCResultSet.last(AS400JDBCResultSet.java:1654)
    at org.jfree.report.modules.misc.tablemodel.ScrollableResultSetTableModel.getRowCount(ScrollableResultSetTableModel.java:193)
    at org.jfree.report.states.datarow.ReportDataRow.isAdvanceable(ReportDataRow.java:147)
    at org.jfree.report.states.datarow.GlobalMasterRow.isAdvanceable(GlobalMasterRow.java:238)
    at org.jfree.report.states.process.ProcessState.isLastItemInGroup(ProcessState.java:588)
    at org.jfree.report.states.process.ProcessDetailsHandler.commit(ProcessDetailsHandler.java:74)
    at org.jfree.report.states.process.ProcessState.commit(ProcessState.java:321)
    at org.jfree.report.layout.output.AbstractReportProcessor.processPaginationLevel(AbstractReportProcessor.java:765)
    at org.jfree.report.layout.output.AbstractReportProcessor.prepareReportProcessing(AbstractReportProcessor.java:433)
    at org.jfree.report.modules.output.pageable.graphics.PrintReportProcessor.getPageDrawable(PrintReportProcessor.java:257)
    at org.pentaho.reportdesigner.crm.report.preview.ReportPane$3.run(ReportPane.java:152)

It seam that there is a problem with the driver, but I don't understand because when I "test" de connexion, there is no problem.

If someone can help me, there will be cool.

Thanks !
    regards,
    Nicolas from Belgium.

It's OK all,
    I have found my problem.
    It was just because I was not patient. The programme must load all the data from the database, and it must take a lot of time.

Thank you for the good product you develop.

regards,
    Nicolas.