US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: The Great Cryptic Errors and Exceptions In Mondrian Thread

Default The Great Cryptic Errors and Exceptions In Mondrian Thread

Rules:

1. Keep it short and simple
    2. One problem per message, please
    3. No explanations of the problem. Just post a one liner of what you think should be said in the error message. Link to another thread if you truly feel the need to expound on the problem
    4. The point of this thread is to improve the quality of error messages, not provide people insights into your problems
    5. Do not post if you don't have a solution to the problem. This is not a tech support thread, this is a compendium of problems with solutions
    6. Scan the thread to see if a similar exception/error message is already posted. Only add a new post on your problem if the problem occurs under a situation not previously outlined, and you have a solution to this situation/problem
      • In other words, if it happens to you, but other solutions didn't resolve your problem, do not post here -- this is not a tech support thread.

7. If the exception generates a message, make sure you include that
      • In cases where the error message uses details from your schema/architecture, add a very short explanation as to what the elements in the error message represent (dimension/hierarchy/level names, members of a dimension, measures, etc)

8. If a stack trace is available, whether or not there's a message, paste only the first few lines of the stack trace -- enough to determine where the exception is generated from.
    9. If there are multiple distinct exceptions generated from one problem (note rule #2), include each distinct exception, following rules 4 & 5

Down the road, with the blessing of the Mondrian devs, I hope to use the information people post here to improve the quality of the error messages Mondrian generates. Please -- I can't stress this enough -- keep it short and simple. I don't want to read about your trials & problems, I want to see something like the following:

Error message: WARN [ExplicitRules] The Cube 'blah' relation is not a MondrianDef.Table but rather 'mondrian.olap.MondrianDef$View'.
    Stack trace: None available
    Suggested error message: "Mondrian does not support <View>, <Join>, or <InlineTable> for fact tables -- only <Table> is supported at this time"
    Short explanation: Error message is good enough.

-Brian

Error:
    Error opening schema - Parsing Error: Could not open file /projects/someproject/schemas/theschema.xml
    In Schema: In Cube: element <Join> is not of expected type mondrian.gui.MondrianGuiDef$Relation

Suggested error: <Join>'s are not supported for fact tables at this time

Default asdf

Error:
    10:54:03,319 ERROR [Workbench] Exception : Schema file
    /projects/schemas/theschema.xml is invalid.null
    Exception:
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapCubeHierarchy.extractNewAliases(RolapCubeHierarchy.java:179)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapCubeHierarchy.extractNewAliases(RolapCubeHierarchy.java:176)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapCubeHierarchy.extractNewAliases(RolapCubeHierarchy.java:177)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapCubeHierarchy.<init>(RolapCubeHierarchy.java:88)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapCubeDimension.<init>(RolapCubeDimension.java:50)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapCube.getOrCreateDimension(RolapCube.java:658)
    Cause of error for this instance: Nested joins were not setup properly. See http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=63751.

Default asdf

Error:
    10:56:13,196 ERROR [Workbench] Exception : Schema file is invalid.Mondrian Error: Duplicate table alias 'timedimension' in cube 'cvntr'
    mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error: Duplicate table alias 'timedimension' in cube 'cvntr'
    Exception:
    at mondrian.resource.MondrianResource$_Def1.ex(Mondri anResource.java:772)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapCube.validateRelation(RolapCub e.java:544)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapCube.validate(RolapCube.java:4 95)
    Cause: If two dimensions share the same dimension table, the table needs to be aliased.
    Suggested error: (some variant of the existing error). If using multiple dimensions that share the same dimension table, the Mondrian schema must alias each use of the dimension table. (or some similar variant)

Default asdf

Error:
    10:56:54,514 WARN [RolapCube] RolapCube.makeColumns: for cube "events" the Level "Time of Day" has a table name attribute "td1b" but the associated RolapStar does not have a table with that name.
    10:56:54,528 ERROR [Workbench] Exception : Schema file is invalid.Mondrian Error:Internal error: Level '[Time.Military Time, sixth hours].[Time of Day]' of cube 'Table:
    (followed by a long dump of your schema)
    Exception:
    at mondrian.resource.MondrianResource$_Def0.ex(Mondri anResource.java:752)
    at mondrian.olap.Util.newInternal(Util.java:1096)
    at mondrian.olap.Util.newError(Util.java:1111)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapStar$Table.makeColumnForLevelE xpr(RolapStar.java:1548)
    at mondrian.rolap.RolapStar$Table.makeColumns(RolapSt ar.java:1494)
    Cause: This particular case (see this thread) was because hierarchies within a single dimension had unique table aliases. They should not. Only different dimensions sharing the same table should have unique aliases.
    Suggested error: I don't have a good suggestion for the message.

Default hola necesito ayuda URG

no logro configurar para que me pueda funcionar el shema worbench para que tengamos una conección correcta y poder diseñar los cubo alguien que me ayude urg.

tengo mi base en mysql, logre hacer los reportes en design pero quiero diseñar los cubos y el worbench me dice que no encuentra la ruta alguien que me pueda ayudar gracias

encontre que podia cambiar estas lineas pero no se como:

# MySQL: needs user and password set in JDBC URL
    mondrian.foodmart.jdbcURL=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3307/foodmart3?user=root&password=mypassword
    mondrian.jdbcDrivers=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
    #driver.classpath=D:/mysql-connector-3.1.12

If two dimensions share the same dimension table, the table needs to be aliased.
    Suggested error: (some variant of the existing error). If using multiple dimensions that share the same dimension table, the Mondrian schema must alias each use of the dimension table. (or some similar variant)