US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: Linked reports in 3.5

Default Linked reports in 3.5

Hello !

We had reports that were linked together in 3.0 through hyperlink.

When trying to migrate to 3.5, we changed to the new URL format to call prpt:

.../content/reporting/reportviewer/report.html?solution=steel-wheels&path=reports&name=Advanced HTML.prpt#output-type=text&/html&accepted-page=0

It works, but the new report is displayed below the parameter pane of the 1st report, and with his own parameter pane. So we see 2 parameter panes.

- Is there a way to avoid the display of the 2nd report parameter pane if all the parameters are passed on the URL ?

- Is there a way to display the called report so that the 1st report parameter pane is replaced as well ?

- Is there a way to have the new report displayed in a new Console Tab folder ?

Linked reports was my customers favorite feature. Any ideas would be greatly apprciated !

Default open in new window

Hi,

check it if you can open it in new window

Vaibhav

Hi,

It can probably be open in a new window, by righ-clicking on the hyperlink, but we really want to keep it in the PUC.

Ideally, it would be to open it in a new PUC tab folder. Is there a trick to do that.

Cool

Hi -
    As I just recently learned, you can do this using javascript calls.
    top.mantle_openTab('aTab Name','TABNAME','Your URL');
    Here is an example from one of my solutions. FYI, [pentahoBaseURL] is derived using Advanced Formula.
    ="javascript:if (top.mantle_initialized) { top.mantle_openTab('No MRN List', 'TABNAME', '"&[pentahoBaseURL]&"ViewAction?solution=qm%26path=%26action=P4P_member_detail.xaction%26Acronym="&[Acronym]&"'); } else { top.reportViewer_openUrlInDialog('Enrollee List', '"&[pentahoBaseURL]&"ViewAction?solution=qm%26path=%26action=P4P_member_detail.xaction%26Acronym="&[Acronym]&"', '800px','600px'); } "
    HTH
    "If you want to increase your success rate, double your failure rate."
    Thomas Watson, Sr (former president of IBM)

Thank you!

This solves my problem:
    Code:
    <button type="button" onclick="top.mantle_openTab('Detail Dashboard', 'abbabbeda', 'content/pentaho-cdf/RenderXCDF?solution='+SOLUTION+'&path='+PATH+'&action=dashboard_detail.xcdf')"> Open detail dashboard </button>