US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cross Table in 3.5 Report Desginer

Default Cross Table in 3.5 Report Desginer

Hi,

I read at a place that cross table is not supported in 3.5 version of the designer? Can someone please confirm that?

If that's not correct then can someone plz guide how to create a cross tab in the designer in 3.5v?

Thanks,
    Nick

Official response: The state of crosstab is the same as in previous versions. Reporting is banded and some sort of crosstab functionality can be done via the MDX-datasources. We deny any further knowledge of crosstabbing at this moment.

Inofficial response: You can enable the current crosstab functionality in the report-designer. It aint be pretty, in fact it is very basic, but it works. However, this is by no means supported functionality and if you ask one our support department, they will instinctually fall back to the official response.

This may give you an idea how it looks like:
    http://b-e-o.blogspot.com/2009/11/cr...in-prd-35.html
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Quote Originally Posted by Taqua View Post
    Official response: The state of crosstab is the same as in previous versions. Reporting is banded and some sort of crosstab functionality can be done via the MDX-datasources. We deny any further knowledge of crosstabbing at this moment.

Inofficial response: You can enable the current crosstab functionality in the report-designer. It aint be pretty, in fact it is very basic, but it works. However, this is by no means supported functionality and if you ask one our support department, they will instinctually fall back to the official response.

This may give you an idea how it looks like:
    http://b-e-o.blogspot.com/2009/11/cr...in-prd-35.html
    Thank You!

Default Cross-tab malformed when no data

That's great ! Unfortunatly, when there is no data for one column, the column header seams to drop.

this table :
    Code:
    |                |   A   |   B    |  C  |
    +-----------+----+----+---+
    | row1                 |   1   |           |         | 
    | row2                |           |   2   |         |
    is displayed like this :

Code:
    |                |   A   |
    +-----------+----+
    | row1         |   1   |
    | rown                 |           |   2  |         |
    Not sure I am clear What I am trying to say is that if one combination row x column return no data, the cross-tab table doesn't work anymore.

Do you have an hint to fix this ?
    I have tried setting the value to formula,
    Code:
    =IF(NULL([VALUE]);"0";[VALUE])
    without sucess.

Thanks in advance

Adrien

Can you create a sample report that uses the table-datasource and file a bug-report in our JIRA system?

http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PRD
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

Default BUG submited

Quote Originally Posted by Taqua View Post
    Can you create a sample report that uses the table-datasource and file a bug-report in our JIRA system?

http://jira.pentaho.com/browse/PRD
    Bug submited with sample report : PRD-2350

Adrien

Default cross tab

While the blogspot link below is a good starting point, the results of the crosstab are inaccurate. For example, the "Motorcycles" product does not have any data in the query for March, but instead of skipping March, the crosstab is displaying April's numbers for March, May's for April, etc., and Dec seems to be copying the cell above. This occurs for several of the products that are missing data for any certain month. Any ideas on how to prevent this and skip a cell that does not contain data?

Hey,

even I have same problem with my reports..
    has anyone found any solution to this...?

Please help...

Thanks & Regards

in my case it only shows one column value "Jan" and repeats the rows for other months
    any solution for this?
    =(

Hi,
    I solved it by creating all possible rows in the SQL by creating a Cartesian sub-query:
    select b.*,
    a. .....(all except the dimensions taken from b) , sum.. ,count..
    from fact_table a
    right join
    (select dates_v.date,countries_v.country -- those are the dimensions in the report --
    from dates_v,countries_v
    {where dates_v.date between . and ..}
    {and countries_v.country in (...)} ) b
    on a.date=b.date
    and a.country=b.country
    {and a. ........} -- !not where a. --
    group by b.date,b.country
    order by b.date,b.country;