US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: An error occurred while rendering Pivot.jsp. Please see the log for details.

Default An error occurred while rendering Pivot.jsp. Please see the log for details.

Hello,

My first schema had only one dimension.
    I succeeded creating an analysis view from the User Console.

As soon as I added a second one I got the error:
    An error occurred while rendering Pivot.jsp. Please see the log for details.

In the BI server tomcat log I found:

11:27:33,210 ERROR [MondrianModel] Parse Failure
    mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:Failed to parse query '
    select NON EMPTY {[Measures].[Nombre de meetings]} ON columns, NON EMPTY {([Enterprises].[Toutes Entreprises], [Enterprise Sizes].[Toutes tailles d entreprise])} ON rows from [Meetings]

and

Caused by: mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:Error while parsing MDX statement '
    select NON EMPTY {[Measures].[Nombre de meetings]} ON columns, NON EMPTY {([Enterprises].[Toutes Entreprises], [Enterprise Sizes].[Toutes tailles d entreprise])} ON rows from [Meetings]

and

Caused by: mondrian.olap.MondrianException: Mondrian Error:No function matches signature '(<Level>, <Level>)'

and

11:27:33,241 ERROR [MondrianModel] Mondrian Error:No function matches signature
    '(<Level>, <Level>)'
    11:27:33,241 ERROR [OlapModelProxy]
    com.tonbeller.jpivot.olap.model.OlapException: Mondrian Error:No function matches signature '(<Level>, <Level>)'

and

11:27:33,256 ERROR [OlapModelTag]
    com.tonbeller.jpivot.olap.model.OlapException: Mondrian Error:No function matches signature '(<Level>, <Level>)'

and

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Mondrian Error:No function matches signature '(<Level>, <Level>)'

Please do not tell me that my query is wrong as I didn't type it, it was generated by the "Pentaho User Console - New Analysis View" .

Please tell me what I need to change in my schema or ... to avoid this .

Thanks in advance,

Eric.

can you post your schema? or as example the definition of the Enterprises dimension?
    Check out the saiku project ( online demo ) - next generation open source analytics

Quote Originally Posted by bugg_tb
    Join the Unofficial Pentaho IRC channel on freenode.
    Server: chat.freenode.net Channel: ##pentaho

Please try and make an effort and search the wiki and forums before posting!

Quote Originally Posted by pstoellberger View Post
    can you post your schema? or as example the definition of the Enterprises dimension?
    I removed that dimension some days ago and wonder why it is coming back

Here is my current schema:
    <Schema name="Meetings 40">
    <Dimension type="StandardDimension" name="Tailles d entreprise">
    <Hierarchy name="Tailles" hasAll="true" allMemberName="Toutes Tailles" allMemberCaption="Toutes Tailles" allLevelName="Toutes Tailles" primaryKey="enterprise_size_name">
    <Table name="enterprise_size_dim">
    </Table>
    <Level name="Groupe de Tailles" column="enterprise_sizegroup_name" nameColumn="enterprise_sizegroup_label" ordinalColumn="enterprise_sizegroup_value" type="String" uniqueMembers="true" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="Never">
    </Level>
    <Level name="Sous Groupe de Tailles" column="enterprise_sizesubgroup_name" nameColumn="enterprise_sizesubgroup_label" ordinalColumn="enterprise_sizesubgroup_value" type="String" uniqueMembers="true" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="Never">
    </Level>
    <Level name="Taille" column="enterprise_size_name" nameColumn="enterprise_size_label" ordinalColumn="enterprise_size_value" type="String" uniqueMembers="true" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="Never">
    </Level>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>
    <Dimension type="StandardDimension" name="Types">
    <Hierarchy name="Types" hasAll="true" allMemberName="Tous Types" allMemberCaption="Tous Types" allLevelName="Tous Types" primaryKey="meeting_type_name">
    <Table name="meeting_type_dim">
    </Table>
    <Level name="Type" column="meeting_type_name" nameColumn="meeting_type_label" ordinalColumn="meeting_type_value" type="String" uniqueMembers="true" levelType="Regular" hideMemberIf="Never">
    </Level>
    </Hierarchy>
    </Dimension>
    <Cube name="Meetings" cache="true" enabled="true">
    <Table name="meeting_fact">
    </Table>
    <DimensionUsage source="Tailles d entreprise" name="Tailles" foreignKey="meeting_enterprise_size_name">
    </DimensionUsage>
    <DimensionUsage source="Types" name="Types" foreignKey="meeting_meeting_type_name">
    </DimensionUsage>
    <Measure name="Nombre de meetings" column="meeting_id" datatype="Numeric" aggregator="distinct-count" visible="true">
    </Measure>
    </Cube>
    </Schema>

Me too, I have this problem "An error occurred while rendering Pivot.jsp. Please see the log for details. " while trying to create an analysis view from the user console!

P.S : My cube does not contain any bad caracter

Mahis - post your log with the error and your schema. Preferably in another thread as not to hijack this person's thread.....

regards,

Mike

I fixed my problem. the problem was that I missed a foreign key in my cube!