Hitachi Vantara Pentaho Community Forums

Thread: Drill-Down in DashBoards

Post Drill-Down in DashBoards

Hi,

I am new to Pentaho.

Can anyone explain the steps to implement Drill-Down in Dashboards? Also,how can I navigate through the drill down views.
    For Example : If I want 5 counts of drill down to be enabled on my dashboards,How can we Implement this?

please provide some URLs or documents that explain this concept from the scratch.It will be very helpful.

Thanks & Regards,
    Karthik Pai.

I just started with dashboards to. You should check out the CDF tutorial from Webdetails. They are not expensive and give you insight of how it can be written in javascript. Personally for me, it was helpfull !
    I used mdx to define the levels which are in my cube. In the chart I can drill down through these levels. Sadly I cannot provide you any documentation .

Good luck!

Hi ,

That document is very useful but it is for CDF not for CDE !!!!!!

So , if you are going to generate the chart via CDF then sure go for it.
    but I think you need to start with CDE , if you understand the CDE first then you will also understand the CDF also.

Then go for that.

Thanks.

Thanks for your reply gvschijndel and Pranav.

So you mean that the only way to enable drill-down is javascript coding. Are there any GUI-side options available where we can specify the URLs and hence enable drill-down feature?
    Do we need to buy these documents for CDE or CDF ....or are they available somewhere on the net.

In any case,can you please provide me the link for the same.

Thanks & Regards,
    Karthik Pai

Default Drill Down using CDE

Hi,

I am new to CDE and also a javascript newbie

Dashboard.jpg

I want to be able to click on the month (for example Jun) for the first chart and then update the second chart (and also the month selector)

I tried writing something like this on
    click function of the first chart.(after reading from different sources)

JSError.jpg

I can see that there is some error but cannot figure out what

I have month as a Generic simple parameter.
    (Is it global, can I reference it as I have done?)

Also I have set the (day) chart component and the selector component to listen on the month variable.

But this does not seem to work.

How can I update the second chart on click of the first chart?

Thanks for your time reading this.

Appreciate any help.
    Last edited by akotian; 07-25-2011 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Deleting unwanted image

Default Drill Down in Charts

Ok!!

After going through the sample example, I implemented something like this,
    which works.

JS_working.jpg

Hope this helps some else also.

Hi,
    Drill down to another Dashboard is very much possible in CDE.

Steps:

1, In the click action of the first report,just write a javascript to drill to 2nd dashboard window

eg: function(s,c,v)
    {
    window.location = 'http://10.132.211.19:8080/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf-dd/Render?solution=Sample&path=&file=buublechart_sample.wcdf&dateparam='+c;
    }

In this function,give the path of the 2nd dashboard and mention the parameters to be passed..

2,In the 2nd dashboard,create a custom parameter and write a javascript to get the parameter value from the above url

eg:
    dateparam=Dashboards.getQueryParameter("dateparam");

3,In this way we can drill from one dashboard to another.

Thank you..

Can you please explain the path has to give in a bit clear ?

function q(s,c,v)
    {

window.location = 'http://localhost:8085/pentaho/pentaho-solutions/CDE- Exploring/Developement/Dashboard Drill down/drill_down_to_table.wcdf';

}

Is the path which I given is correct or not ? If it is not correct how to give the exact path to work ?
    I'm getting 404 error/File Not found error when I click on a bar where I'm drilling down to another dash board which consists of table component.

I don't want pass any parameters as I just want to drill down first of all. Or is it must to pass any parameter while drilling down(I don't think so it is mandetory).

Quote Originally Posted by milanmathew View Post
    Hi,
    Drill down to another Dashboard is very much possible in CDE.

Steps:

1, In the click action of the first report,just write a javascript to drill to 2nd dashboard window

eg: function(s,c,v)
    {
    window.location = 'http://10.132.211.19:8080/pentaho/content/pentaho-cdf-dd/Render?solution=Sample&path=&file=buublechart_sample.wcdf&dateparam='+c;
    }

In this function,give the path of the 2nd dashboard and mention the parameters to be passed..

2,In the 2nd dashboard,create a custom parameter and write a javascript to get the parameter value from the above url

eg:
    dateparam=Dashboards.getQueryParameter("dateparam");

3,In this way we can drill from one dashboard to another.

Thank you..

haven't you started another thread with this question?
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt

I have started and with the answer given by you I have solved it Thank you Pedro