US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: Localizing Mondrian schema and saving cube view

Default Localizing Mondrian schema and saving cube view

Hi,

I have found http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/anal...ondrian+Schema, did as they say, and now my schema works like charm in many languages. But only when started as a new analysis view. When i prepare view and save it under some name, then under PUC I don't get localized labels, but something like this: "%{allSalesmen}". Is there something else I should do for this to work? It doesn't matter whether I saved cube view before or after localizing it.

Any help appreciated.

Jacek Bilski

Hi again,

I've looked a bit deeper and it seems like race condition. Now, for 10 tries I opened saved cube views in three different languages and everyone, except one, opened properly translated. When I saw that one, that wasn't translated, I opened another view and then reopened the first, not-translated one. This time it was translated. In total I opened saved cube views and new analysis views about 30 times and only once I didn't get properly translated cube.

Anyone experiencing the same problem?

Best regards

Jacek Bilski

Hi,
    I have used the same source http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/anal...ondrian+Schema to enable localization, but it did not work.
    I am working with the PUC 4.8.0 stable 51169 and jPivot.
    Here what I've done:
    1) in the schema file I have captions like this: <Dimension type="StandardDimension" visible="true" foreignKey="tkg_binder" highCardinality="false" name="items" caption="%{analytics.usage.item.caption}">
    <Hierarchy name="allItems" visible="true" hasAll="true" primaryKey="steril_good_type_id" caption="%{analytics.usage.item.caption}"> ....
    Publish was successful.
    2) Edit mondrian.properies : in the folder ../biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/mondrian
    #locales com.pentaho.messages.MondrianMessages
    mondrian.rolap.LocalePropFile=com.pentaho.messages.MondrianMessages
    3) Edit datasources.xml : in the folder ../biserver-ce/pentaho-solutions/system/olap
    <Catalog name="S06 Usage Efficiency">
    <DataSourceInfo>Provider=mondrian;Locale=de_de;DataSource=Analytics;DynamicSchemaProcessor=mondrian.i18n.LocalizingDynamicSchemaProcessor;UseContentChecksum=true</DataSourceInfo>
    <Definition>solution:/analytics/analysis/usage_efficiency_imm.xml</Definition>
    </Catalog>
    4) editing locale Files: in folder: biserver-ce/tomcat/webapps/pentaho/WEB-INF/classes/com/pentaho/messages

MondrianMessages.properties
    MondrianMessages_de.properties
    MondrianMessages_en.properties

with content :
    #locale.properties: Default resources German
    analytics.usage.cube.caption=Cube Nutzungseffizienz
    analytics.usage.item.caption=Sterilgut
    analytics.usage.allitems.caption=Sterilgut Gesamt
    analytics.usage.items.traytypegroup.caption=Sterilgut Klassen
    analytics.usage.items.traytype.caption=Sterilgut Typen

After restarting Pentaho the placeholder are shown instead of the values from the MondrianMessage files.

Screenshot jpivot 2013-05-08 15:18:25.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by n-wha; 05-08-2013 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Screenshot was not readable

Hi again,

found my mistake it was a misspelling in step 2) : mondrian.rolap.LocalePropFile= should have been mondrian.rolap.localePropFile=

Thanks

Hi guys, I'm new on the forum and Pentaho!
    Since there is already a thread on this subject I try to suggest it once again!

For my thesis I will fulfill a BI project and, in particular, I wanted to deepen the aspect of localization of Mondrian Schema, which allows to manage a multilanguage cube.

Let me explain what I've done so far.
    I followed the instructions in this guide:

http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/anal...ondrian+Schema

it works, but I can read on the cube only one language at a time, depending on the file that I select by this line

mondrian.rolap.localePropFile = com.pentaho.messages.MondrianMessages_xx

I would parameterize this condition, so that the choice of language "xx" is set dynamically according to the location of the browser or the choice of language in the drop-down menu View.

The material on this topic online seem rather fragmentary or incomplete :/
    If any of you can give me some hints or provide documentation about this topic I'll be grateful !

Grazie!
    Federica