US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: excel output - each report row takes up 2 rows of cells

Default excel output - each report row takes up 2 rows of cells

I'm having a few problems formatting my reports for excel output. My customer wants to be able to do some fancy excel stuff with these reports for further analysis, so I need to get them cleaned up so they will be useful. My biggest problem right now is that each row of report data takes up 2 rows in excel, so row 1 is rows 7&8 which look like they are merged together, row 2 is rows 9&10, etc. I tried using an expression to disable dynamic height of each element in the details band if the output format is table/excel but that didn't work. Is there some trick to this?

Thanks
    Last edited by RockerZ71; 04-30-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Align your elements in your detail band to y=0 and that will go away. All table-exports try to preserve as much of layout-details as possible. So if you say that your elements start at a certain y position, we make sure that this is preserved.

Also if you have two elements starting at different y-positions, we make sure that difference is preserved too.

After all, reporting means you want visual results, and visual coherence is what we preserve.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.

That didn't do it. Also, originally each row took up 3 excel rows, and I think I got that down to 2 rows by changing the size of the bands in report designer so there was no blank space below the elements I have on the report. Unfortunately its back to 3 rows per row of report data now.