US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: encoding problem - utf8

Default encoding problem - utf8

hello, i have a simple process that creates a file using the "text file output". the file contains hebrew.
    i use two computers - the customers and mine. both of them with windows 7 pro 64 bit. also the same PDI and java versions
    the step is "UTF-8" spcific.

the only difference is that the customer windows is in hebrew (gui) and mine is english.

when i use the customer computer for the same step the file encoding is UTF8 (like it should be)
    using my computer - the encoding of the file is ANSI (i check it with notepad)
    the result is : when insert the file into the database - i get no data where the hebrew was. (only on the english os computer)

i guess it is an environment/parameter of windows or java .
    i tought about changing the JVM encoding default but i dont know where

please help...

thank you

itamar

Hi,

Please try change the parameter of Spoon.bat(or .sh) as follows:

[Spoon.bat]
    if "%PENTAHO_DI_JAVA_OPTIONS%"=="" set PENTAHO_DI_JAVA_OPTIONS="-Xmx512m" "-XX:MaxPermSize=256m" "-Dfile.encoding=utf8"

[Spoon.sh]
    OPT="$OPT $PENTAHO_DI_JAVA_OPTIONS -Dfile.encoding=utf8 -Djava.library.path=$LIBPATH -DKETTLE_HOME=$KETTLE_HOME -DKETTLE_REPOSITORY=$KETTLE_REPOSITORY -DKETTLE_USER=$KETTLE_USER -DKETTLE_PASSWORD=$KETTLE_PASSWORD -DKETTLE_PLUGIN_PACKAGES=$KETTLE_PLUGIN_PACKAGES -DKETTLE_LOG_SIZE_LIMIT=$KETTLE_LOG_SIZE_LIMIT"

regards,

Michi

Hi.
    Thank you so much.
    I configured the Spoon.bat file like you said, and it works correctly. Thank you Michi.

Best regards.
    Rosendo Antonio from México.

Exporting utf-8 issues.
    If anybody has still issues , configure this, its sloved problem

http://diethardsteiner.blogspot.in/2...8-from-ke.html