US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: Checking out PRD 3.9.0-GA and building in Eclipse Juno

Smile Checking out PRD 3.9.0-GA and building in Eclipse Juno

The building of the version of PRD I checked out seems to have gone fine. You can see a picture showing where I did the checkout. It is on a 'tag' of which I interpret to be the most recent stable release. The problem I have in the build is that no datasources come up at all when creating a report. Am I missing a dependent project or some jars that I need to tell this Eclipse project about? What needs to be done to help them appear when running or debugging the project as a Java Application.

PRD-3.9.0-GA-Checkout Larger.jpg

PRD-3.9.0-GA-Checkout.jpg

The jars that I see in the project related to extensions are here. There must be something missing.
    PRD 3.9 extension jars.jpg
    Last edited by Smoodo; 05-04-2012 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Jars included in project shown.

Yes, as the report-designer's datasources are extra plugins. There is a assembly-project that combines all things together.

While working in the IDE, just make sure that you define the inter-project dependencies (if your IDE honours project boundaries). Then run the report-designer with the full classpath of all subprojects.

To make your life easier, you should check-out
    http://source.pentaho.org/viewvc/pen...ng/devsupport/

Edit the "build.properties" file and adjust the version numbers (defined sets for 3.8.3-GA and 3.9-GA are in there already).
    Then call "ant create-tag" to download all projects. Call "ant project-publish-local" to build the full report-designer.

This places the built files into your local Ivy-cache - so be careful with later builds, they may pull in your local changed jars instead of the original jars. To clear your cache from all local builds, just delete the "$HOME/.ivy2" directory. There is nothing in there that cannot be re-downloaded from the net anyway.
    Get the latest news and tips and tricks for Pentaho Reporting at the Pentaho Reporting Blog.