There is a sample job provided (jobs/process all tables) that shows you how to approach your task.
It's about tables, but once you have understood the concept of passing results between transformations, you will be able to come up with a file-oriented solution by yourself.
At least it should give you a start.
You wrote "for now", but just in case there will not be much more, you could do with a transformation and three steps only:
- Place steps "Get File Names", "CSV Input" and "Table Output" in an empty transformation
- Add hops and disable the hop to "CSV Input"
- Configure all three steps properly
- Enable the hop to "CSV Input" and edit the "CSV Input" step
- Spend a thought on what became of the previously configured filename
- Choose "filename" as the filename field
- Light a candle for the designer of this feature
Last edited by marabu; 06-17-2012 at 01:21 PM.
OpenJDK IcedTea 2.3.7 (7u21)
ubuntu 12.04 LTS (x86_64)