US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Pentaho Community Gathering - Talk Proposals

Default 2012 Pentaho Community Gathering - Talk Proposals

Hi Guys,

the same procedure as last year: Just setting up a quick thread where people can submit proposals for talks at this years Pentaho Community Gathering in Amsterdam. Add stuff to this thread and we will collate them all and post the ideas on the wiki:
    http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/COM/...Amsterdam+2012

Cheers,
    Jens

From last year I remember we all liked the idea of doing a block of lightning talks (5-15' each).
    I personally still like the idea since you can mount 10 talks in a few hours, exchange a lot of great ideas.

What do you fine folks think?
    Matt Casters, Chief Data Integration
    Pentaho, Open Source Business Intelligence
    http://www.pentaho.org -- mcasters@pentaho.org

Author of the book Pentaho Kettle Solutions by Wiley. Also available as e-Book and on the Kindle reading applications (iPhone, iPad, Android, Kindle devices, ...)

Join us on IRC server Freenode.net, channel ##pentaho

Hi All,

I'd love to give an update on xmla4js. I'd like to focus on two things in particular:
    - xmla4js support for node.js: xmla4js already was cross-browser compatible, now you can also run it on the server in the popular node.js environment. The project includes a REST-for-analysis example that turns node.js into a RESTful equivalent of XML/A, with support for JSON, html, xml and text as data formats.
    - building applications with xmla4js. Xmla4js is currently included in the pentaho bi server, buried in the data-access plugin. I'd like to explain step-by-step how you can build a basic OLAP application based on xmla4js, focusing on two examples that are included in the project:
    a) xmlash, an XML/A shell, essentially a command line for MDX and OLAP metadata that runs in your browser
    b) A basic but functional cube-browser / graphical query tool that supports olap discovery, drag'n'drop query building, a treeview for dimension/member exploration, scrollable hierarchized multidimensional result tables.
    kind regards,

Roland Bouman
    http://rpbouman.blogspot.com/
    @rolandbouman on twitter
    Author of "Pentaho Solutions" (Wiley, ISBN: 978-0-470-48432-6)
    Author of "Pentaho Kettle Solutions" (Wiley, ISBN: 978-0-470-63517-9)

I definitely like the idea of a block of lightning talks - I think it would be quite a good thing to break things up a little bit!

And how about a battle? I Can think of a pretty simple headline "Big data is/is not fluff. Discuss" I'm sure Jos will captain one side hehe

If it fits in the thema and/or schedule I'd like to present my PDI Data Vault framework: http://sourceforge.net/projects/pdidatavaultfw/

Greetings, Edwin

Please do; I saw it at the Pentaho Benedutch event in 2011 and found it very interesting.

We would like to give you an update of the work of the Antonius project. We benefit from the work of so many members of the community. I think you deserve to see the results.

Slawo proposed to do a longer, hands-on PDI Plugin Development workshop. Short version is two hours, the complete one probably 4. I think 4 is too much for the meetup but if there's enough interest we can try to do this on Sunday or Friday afternoon (depending on availability of a room and Slawo of course ;-)). Still, having a 2 hour more in depth session, combined with lightning talks and 'regular' 30-45 min sessions has my blessing. Any thoughts on this?

best, Jos

I like the idea of lightning talks and plan to have a talk about something out of the ordinary related to Kettle :-)
    The working title: "I don't know, yet if it will work with Kettle"
    Even when it will not work, I will talk about it.... the way is the goal.

I look forward to Amsterdam and our community meeting,
    Jens

Hi.

We would like to present three talks about CTools (what else). Our idea is to focus on the new ctools that we've developed so far this year:

* CDB - Community Data Browser
    * CDC - Community Distributed Cache
    * CDV - Community Data Validator

Thanks,
    Pedro Vale
    --
    CTools Product Development
    http://www.webdetails.pt