US and Worldwide: +1 (866) 660-7555

Thread: Pentaho User Console Login error

Default Pentaho User Console Login error

Hei,

I have installed Pentaho BI community on a standalone Apache Tomcat 6. I use Mysql for data and repository storage. I am able to create a new user on Administration Console and I can identify the user in a "users" table. I noticed that the password is encrypted. When I try then to log on to Pentaho User Console, I get "Login Error". I have read around and identified that it must be something connected to password encoder. I have checked applicationContext-spring-security-jdbc.xml file. Password encoder there is set to "PlaintextPasswordEncoder". I tried to experiment, have changed to Md5PasswordEncoder. I have read also that Administration Console uses file applicationContext-spring-security-hibernate.xml. This one contains "DefaultPentahoPasswordEncoder". When I have tried to exchange it with Md5PasswordEncoder, I get an error when I try to update user information via Administration Console.
    I have managed to swich off security following one of the recipies, but this is not what I am trying to achieve.

Looking for your help.

Sinverely,
    Kostas Vilimas

Has your new uwer the "Authenticated" Role?

yes, both Authenticated and Admin. I have tried also to connect as one of demo users (joe and suzy) with the same error.