PDA

View Full Version : MongoDB Output!

Ramya.toshniwal
02-28-2013, 06:05 AM
Hey All,

I am trying to write some data in mongoDB. My structure of the data is like this:

{ "_id" : "<integer val>" , "Deal" : [ { "timestamp" : "<string val>" , "deal_url" : "<string val>" , "deal_city" : "<string val>"}]}

I want Deal key to be an array of objects.

{ "_id" : "<integer val>" , "Deal" : [ { "timestamp" : "<string val>" , "deal_url" : "<string val>" , "deal_city" : "<string val>"},{ "timestamp" : "<string val>" , "deal_url" : "<string val>" , "deal_city" : "<string val>"}]}

I am trying to save it, but everytime the format is not at all coming, as expected. I am following the same instructions mentioned in the link's second example.

http://wiki.pentaho.com/display/EAI/MongoDb+output

Also, I cannot see "Modifier Policy" tab in my document field structure tab for restricting insert or updates on various fields. Everywhere it is written, to configure modifier policy tab in mongoDb output. Please help me in providing the instructions to configure the "Modifier Policy" Tab. If that works, I guess I would be able to solve the problem.

It would be great if such kind of sample could be provided.

Best Regards,
Ramya

Mark
03-01-2013, 01:59 AM
Hi Ramya,

If you don't have a "Modifier policy" column in the "Mongo document fields" tab of the step then you will need to upgrade to PDI 4.4.

Cheers,
Mark.

Ramya.toshniwal
03-04-2013, 02:23 AM
Hey Mark,

Thanks a lot for your help! PDI 4.4 solved my problem.

Cheers,
Ramya