PDA

View Full Version : Error while setting up Pentaho 5.0 in eclipse

manB
01-14-2014, 09:31 AM
Hi All,

As suggested I downloded Pentaho 5.0 code from github and now trying to run build.xml file with target clean-all, resolve but it is failing for resolve with following error

Some projects fail to be resolved
Impossible to resolve dependencies of ${ivy.artifact.group}#${ivy.artifact.id};${project.revision}
unresolved dependency: pentaho-library#libfonts;${dependency.pentaho-reporting.revision}: not found
unresolved dependency: ${dependency.reporting-engine.group}#pentaho-reporting-engine-classic-core;${dependency.pentaho-reporting.revision}: not found
unresolved dependency: ${ivy.artifact.group}#kettle-core;${dependency.kettle.revision}: not found
unresolved dependency: pentaho#metastore;${dependency.pentaho-metastore.revision}: not found
unresolved dependency: pentaho#pentaho-registry;${dependency.pentaho-registry.revision}: not found
unresolved dependency: pentaho#mondrian;${dependency.mondrian.revision}: not found
Impossible to resolve dependencies of ${ivy.artifact.group}#${ivy.artifact.id};${project.revision}
unresolved dependency: pentaho-library#libfonts;${dependency.pentaho-reporting.revision}: not found
unresolved dependency: ${dependency.reporting-engine.group}#pentaho-reporting-engine-classic-core;${dependency.pentaho-reporting.revision}: not found
unresolved dependency: ${ivy.artifact.group}#kettle-core;${dependency.kettle.revision}: not found
unresolved dependency: pentaho#metastore;${dependency.pentaho-metastore.revision}: not found
unresolved dependency: pentaho#pentaho-registry;${dependency.pentaho-registry.revision}: not found
unresolved dependency: pentaho#mondrian;${dependency.mondrian.revision}: not found

Can somebody please help me here?

tsengeagle
01-15-2014, 09:16 PM
Hello

I have recently encountered a similar problem

It's because IVY can not get dependency component
try to
1.delete all files and folders in C:\Users\your_user_name\.ivy2\cache\
2.delete all files that file name contains "pentaho" in C:\Users\your_user_name\.ivy2\resol-cache${env.EXECUTOR_NUMBER}

for refer
I also installed following plugin on my environment
Apache Ivy 2.3.0.final_20130110142753
Apache Ivy Ant Tasks 2.3.0.final_20130110142753
Apache IvyDE 2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE
Apache IvyDE Resolve Visualizer 2.2.0.final-201311091524-RELEASE

good luck to you

Taqua
01-16-2014, 03:22 AM
And if in doubt - ignore Eclipse, go to the command line and invoke Ant from there. The resolve step is a one time step and once you have the jars in the "lib" directories you can work with them normally, without having to worry about Ivy.