PDA

View Full Version : unable to publish pentaho-platform-api.jar to remote repository while building

RamanKumar
03-27-2014, 03:36 AM
Hi,

I am new to Pentaho. I installed Pentaho software and could view sample reports from User Console.
Now I want to build Pentaho software from the open sources available through Community Edition.

As such I downloaded the sources and imported in Eclipse creating projects viz,
pentaho-platform-api, pentaho-platform-assembly, pentaho-platform-core, pentaho-platform-extensions,
pentaho-platform-repository, pentaho-platform-scheduler, pentaho-user-console.

I could build successfully the pentaho-platform-api project with the default target in ant
generating 'pentaho-platform-api-TRUNK-SNAPSHOT.jar'.

But when trying to build with 'continuos' target in ant which builds the jar and publishes the generated jar to remote repository, it
is giving the following error.

---------------------
maven-publish-dependencies:
[echo] Publishing D:\eclipse_workspace-new-Pentaho\pentaho-platform-api/dist/ivy.xml to ${ivy.repository.publish}...
[exec] [INFO] Scanning for projects...
[exec] [INFO]
[exec] [INFO] Using the builder org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder with a thread count of 1
[exec] [INFO]
[exec] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[exec] [INFO] Building Maven Stub Project (No POM) 1
[exec] [INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------
[exec] [INFO]
[exec] [INFO] --- maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy-file (default-cli) @ standalone-pom ---
[exec] [INFO] BUILD FAILURE
[exec] [INFO] Total time: 0.958 s
[exec] [INFO] Finished at: 2014-03-27T11:43:32+05:30
[exec] [INFO] Final Memory: 4M/15M
[exec] [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy-file (default-cli) on project standalone-pom: The parameters 'url' for goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin:2.7:deploy-file are missing or invalid -> [Help 1]
------------------------

Can anyone help me out from this.

Also I chose randomly pentaho-platform-api project to build first. I want to know the order of the projects to be followed for building.

Also, I would like to know and it would be very helpful to me if there is a tutorial explaining how to build pentaho software from open sources so that I can know what steps are needed and what configuration should be done to build pentaho software.
Could you please suggest?

Thanks and regards,
Raman Kumar.