PDA

View Full Version : Contributing to PRD development

tmudarikwa
08-14-2015, 10:32 AM
Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can guide me in the right direction, I'm looking into contributing to PRD development. My main interest is in trying to advance how the reporting engine handles HTML (as I currently have some projects that requires leverage of this feature). If anyone can tell me how I can get started, where to pull the PRD code so I can started fiddling around, I would greatly appreciate that.

Thank you.

gutlez
08-14-2015, 12:29 PM
A place to start:
https://github.com/pentaho/pentaho-reporting

There was an article or two on here about how to set up your build environment, but I can't find them quickly :(

tmudarikwa
08-14-2015, 02:07 PM
Thank you for response, let me look at you like :D

Taqua
08-17-2015, 06:02 AM
The github project comes with a complete IntelliJ setup, so after checking it out, you should be able to run it immediately.

you will need to download all 3rd party libraries before you can use the code. For that, use Apache Ant from the commandline and, from the root of the project, run

"ant resolve"

This will download all jars for all project modules.

After that, you are ready to go.

Btw: The code for the report generation is almost exclusively in the "engine/core" module. The parts for translating incoming HTML rich-text into internal layout elements is in the package "org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.layout.richtext"

If you want to tweak how HTML is generated, that would be in "org.pentaho.reporting.engine.classic.core.modules.output.table.html"

tmudarikwa
08-26-2015, 10:58 AM
Thank you for you reply Taqua.