PDA

View Full Version : Feedback

jdixon
11-30-2006, 02:06 PM
Here's my initial thoughts:

Its definitely nice and fast.
I like the search. Being able to search just on date would be nice.
The forum posts show member's email addresses. The old forums did not do this. Can we turn this off?
Minor nit-picks:
We have 'New Posts' on the main menu and 'Todays Posts' on the Quick Links menu. I think these point to the same page but the different names are confusing.
I don't have access to see the calendar
All three links on the FAQ page take me to the same place, why not take me straight there?
Is the RSS feed enabled?
Since all the forums are URL addressable a launch page (like the downloads page) would be nice.

gmoran
11-30-2006, 02:31 PM
Its definitely nice and fast.
I like the search. Being able to search just on date would be nice.
The forum posts show member's email addresses. The old forums did not do this. Can we turn this off?

Yes – can you please post this in the Support Forum, so I remember to doc the change and test it, please and thank you.

Minor nit-picks:
We have 'New Posts' on the main menu and 'Todays Posts' on the Quick Links menu. I think these point to the same page but the different names are confusing.

If you post this in the support forum I will try to figure out how to change it. That is vBulletin default verbage.

I don't have access to see the calendar

The calendar is disabled for this phase of rollout. I’ve attached the agreed upon migration plan that details what we will and will not expose on day one.

All three links on the FAQ page take me to the same place, why not take me straight there?

We will be adding FAQs to that FAQ list.

Is the RSS feed enabled?

Yes, and we will be sticky posting the RSS URLs in each forum, as well as in a page in the FAQ. If you want a web page, file a JIRA case and Pat can build it.

Since all the forums are URL addressable a launch page (like the downloads page) would be nice.

File a JIRA case and Pat can build it.

gmoran
11-30-2006, 02:32 PM
Minor nit-picks:

If you post this in the support forum I will try to figure out how to change it. That is vBulletin default verbage.

If I understand how this works, NEW posts can span many days if you haven’t been to the forums daily, and TODAYS POSTS will show only TODAY. Since its fairly new todays and new posts are going to be the same, right?

Patrick Hart