PDA

View Full Version : Design-Tools forums

Taqua
12-01-2006, 11:15 AM
Putting the design tools-forums in their own section is surely sane from a Product-Manager's view, but a typical reporting or ETL user will not search for the "Wizzard", "Designer" or "Spoon" down there. They will search in the reporting and ETL sections ..

So we should either have them re-arranged or we should put big-bad-warning signs on the ETL and Reporting section to post Tool-specific questions below. (Which will grant great fun for users guessing whether their question is caused by the tool or by the task they are trying to accomplish.)

Have fun,
said Thomas

gmoran
12-01-2006, 11:26 AM
You make a great point Thomas. I am hoping if others have the same concern, they will second this thread.

I won't be changing the structure before we go live (unless I hear fierce opposition to the current structure by a majority of the decison makers), because the existing structure is what was agreed to by all stakeholders in the Migration Planning document that was circulated a few weeks back. I believe you were a part of that process. The good news is that if we find that it is imperative that we make this change, these forums are easily re-arrange-able.

Thanks again for your input Thomas , keep it coming!!!

-G

Taqua
12-01-2006, 12:28 PM
the existing structure is what was agreed to by all stakeholders in the Migration Planning document that was circulated a few weeks back. I believe you were a part of that process.

Yep, as usual: blame my lack of imagination :)

I have to see *it* (whatever *it* is) before I can identify possible problems (... and even then I usually overlook something obvious until it comes back and bites me).