PDA

View Full Version : Set Editor-Mode to a better default

Taqua
12-04-2006, 10:26 AM
If you ever wondered what tags this forum offers, and why the heck there is no help on them when posting, then go to your pofile options and switch the editor mode from 'simple' to one of the other twos. And voila! There's either a WYSIWYG editor (or at least a toolbar for those tags ..).

It would be also quite cool if we disable the default auto-subscription to new threads. It spams the inbox ... and if users want that feature, they will activate it.

gmoran
12-06-2006, 04:35 PM
Hi Thomas,

I changed the editor to default to the WYSIWYG editor and the subscription mode was already set to not auto-subscribe. Hopefully when we do the import on Sunday, these defaults will be picked for the imported users. New users will automatically get them.

kind regards,
G

Mimil
12-06-2006, 06:14 PM
Hi,

I have a little doubt about the default subcription mode. I don't know if it the same thing as Taqua.
The default subscription mode was set, at least for me, to "No email notification" which is different from "Do not subscribe".
"No email notification" means that you are subscribed to the post but not mailed, "Do not subcribe" means ... hum ... no subscription.
I guess the best is "Do not subscribe".