PDA

View Full Version : The quick reply box message invites me to type into it but it does not allow it

Roland.Bouman
12-05-2006, 09:56 AM
Hi, one of the first things i noticed is the "quick reply" message. It looks like i can place my cursor inside and go right ahead, but alas .... i have click the buttons first.

Taqua
12-05-2006, 12:36 PM
You can once you've clicked on one of the Quick-Reply buttons under the post you want to reply .. (Yes, thats not very obvious, despite the fact that there's explainatory text, I wondered about this too)

gmoran
12-05-2006, 03:07 PM
OK, here is the explanation of WHY you have to "click" before using the Quick Reply box. Makes sense I guess -

If you enable Quick Reply, a box will appear on the showthread.php page allowing users to reply to the current thread without needing to load the full newreply.php page.

When Quick Reply is enabled, you may specify whether or not users must click the Quick Reply icon in order to start typing in the Quick Reply editor.

If you choose not to require a click, the system will not know to which post a user is replying, making both the threaded and hybrid display modes non-sensical.

We strongly recommend that you set the option to require a click if you use Quick Reply and have Threaded Mode available on your forums.

Roland.Bouman
12-05-2006, 03:28 PM
Well, I just figured it would be obvious that I want to reply to the last post in the thread.

Quite often, a thread hs only 2 or 3 posters

It's no biggie - like all change, I'll get used to it in no time.