PDA

View Full Version : Squeezed Layout

Taqua
12-05-2006, 12:40 PM
Damn! I havent bought that great hight resolution monitor to be stuck into a 800px box. And all that huge grey space left and right that passes by when I torture my mouse wheel to scroll up and down ... is this supposed to tell me something? Some sort of Zen like "Larger monitors cant solve your problems" or so?

I want to use the full width of my screen! - at least here in the forums.

Mimil
12-05-2006, 01:29 PM
I do agree with Thomas about the size.
I also think that a darker color for the post content is better. The other dark grey used in the forum sounds nice for me.

wbrown
12-05-2006, 03:27 PM
Phase 3 of the look and feel / skinning is to provide a way to either:

1. Reduce the gray area on the left and right and allow the white area to expand to a preferred size. Through incremental clicks, or

2. Have a link that will have an "expand / minmize" setting that will either make the white area 100% or set it back to the current method that falls more inline with the current site implementation.

Either way this will be stored in a cookie so when you come back you'll be right back where you were.

Mimil
12-11-2006, 05:33 AM
Hi,

I see that you added the increment icons, that is working great except those points:

Editors are not resized (at least WYSIWYG I am using)
CODE wrapper (and perhaps other wrappers, I did not try)

wbrown
12-12-2006, 02:48 PM
These were native behaviors to vBulletin, outside of the skinning behavior we introduced. If there is a large enough need to expose this granular of functionality we can investigate this.

For now we'll see how things go.

Thanks for the input.

phart
12-12-2006, 04:42 PM
This has also been posted here ( http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=49890 ) and I think it has been resolved.