PDA

View Full Version : The general forum description vs. use

rlance
12-05-2006, 01:33 PM
Hi,

The description for the General forum infers that inquiries and comments about the company, its philosophy, vision, etc. are solicited. It's bombarded with everything but that, but it's a triple barreled gun - it's called "General", it's the first forum in the list of forums and it has the abbreviation "etc." in its description, so anything's open!

I'd recommend another forum called "Pentaho - the organization and its vision" and change the "General" to "Catch-All" with a description that here is to be posted, if users are unsure which other, more specific forum should be used.

gmoran
12-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Excellent observation, Ralph. That forum got to its current state exactly because of the things you point out.

I like your idea of the "About Pentaho" forum, and I'm not sure a Catch-All wouldn't invite lazy posters to create a repeat of our General forum. I think the right way to go is to create the About Pentaho forum, try to re-distribute the messages that are in the General forum, and do away with the General forum altogether.

Any strong objecters speak now or forever hold your peace:)

thanks for the advice,
-G